Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got the lg3 3g last Fri ... I uninstalled. The new update for Google

+ Luke everyone. Had said. But fo,t know if that has worked

On Aug 21, 2014 10:57 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Re: Why do I get this message: "Unfortunately VZWAVSService has stopped"
CeeJayTay
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZW stands for Verizon Wireless. The W stands for wireless.

jgjennings
Enthusiast - Level 1

verizon agent:, will you tell us what vzwavs does and what happens when it stops as we are all experiencing?

irobro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great idea.  Let's find out what it does.  Not working doesn't seem to affect anything.

0 Likes
Anna31084
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi vzw_customer_support

At first I uninstalled the "google  plus" like people have suggested along with "Vz navigator" and the error message didn't show up again and I was so happy. Then I tried to open my Netflix to watch a movie then the phone started to reboot none stop (it literately every 6-10sec, I can't even send a text before I rebooted again). It is so frustrating!!! After that I shut the phone down for half of a day, I charged to battery to 100% to make sure it is not the battery problem and I am sure it is not.  As soon as I had turned my phone on I uninstalled the "netflix" and re-installed a couple hours later. I didn't even open the netflix that night once I installed but my phone still kept rebooting even in the middle of calling. This morning my phone was fine, I played the candy crush, opened my galaxy etc. Then after 230pm, I tried to play crush again, the phone started to reboot again. grrrrrrrr What should I do now?

0 Likes
jessicafeuge

Im getting this same error on my S4

0 Likes
JasonTsai
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got my new phone a few days back and started to experience the error message plus heating issue today.  The phone becomes warm shortly after powered on which I thought it's a defective phone.  I have reset the phone a few times but the heat problem does not go away.  Now, the phone seem to cool down.  Gee, this is a serious software problem if it's caused by G+ update.  Hopefully, the phone is not damaged in anyway...

FlipKay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all! I've been dealing with the same message and am experiencing all that you have shared as well. It turns out that avs- stands for address verification system. This service had originally come with my new galaxy phone on a trial basis. I remember receiving several messages warning me that the service would expire soon. So, no more caller ID.

I believe the only way you can get rid of the error is by uninstalling Google+ (or the latest Google+ update, if you know how to do that).  The thing is, I'd like to keep Google+, so it would be nice to be able to keep it and maybe get rid of the VZWAVSSERVICE instead.  Anyway, I hope someone comes up with a solution to keep both without incurring an error.

0 Likes
FlipKay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Based on some information I just found, I'd like to revise my original post to this one:

I found this post from Duster14 on another page in this forum (vzw avs service😞

VZWAVSSERVICE is the VeriZon Wireless Address Verification System Service. Banks use the AVS Service to verify your address when you make a purchase with your credit or debit card. An AVS authentication failure can result in a credit card sale being denied, and the sale and associated funds put on hold until the bank is able to verify that the person attempting to make the purchase is in fact the card holder (by matching the address entered to the billing address the bank has on file)..

Here is how I turned mine off... go to settings, applications, application manager. It should be on the "Download" screen when you first get there. Then swipe it over to " All", scroll down to vzwavsservice, click on it, clear cache and force shutdown or turn it off. See if that works. I no longer get that message on my phone after start-up. If it doesn't help you can always swipe over to "Turned Off" under the same application manager screen and turn it back on. Hope this temporary fix helps you out.

But Verizon does need to fix the software issue problem, not just keep telling us to do a factory reset or try uninstall google+ updates.

kdl391
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok. So I started getting the messay tonight. I tried a few of the things some of you suggested.  I'm STILL getting it. Verizon Tech,  instead of responding to other concerns that people are having, why don't you PLEASE address the topic at hand 1st? It would be greatly appreciated! We didn't pay an arm and a leg for a new phone (s5) for it to start having problems 2 1/2 months later. That is why I left my last provider.