Why did I get so little for my trade-in?
Shradhadc

I signed up for Verizon last month due to the amazing promos they had. $300 trade in for any working smart phone. I sent Verizon a working HTC Evo 3d that I used till the day I sent it to verizon. The phone was babied (kept in a case from day 1 with a screen protector). Verizon received my trade and sent a $54 trade in card stating that the phone does not power on. There is no way to contact the trade department. I called CS and was told I either get the $300 or get nothing and they do not understand how I got $54. I asked them to return my phone and they said they cannot do that either. I requested to be forwarded to the trade in department and they said the trade in department can only be reached by email and I should hear back in 4 business days. What kind of a department does Verizon run where a customer cannot contact them! The phone was wiped and taken off my sprint account.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trade in issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you be joining our family Shradhadc. I'm sorry about the issue with your trade in device and the amount you received. I know its important to get the full value of your phone. You can contact.the trade in department by calling 1-(800) 416-8894. They can discuss the reason why you received that amount.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you be joining our family Shradhadc. I'm sorry about the issue with your trade in device and the amount you received. I know its important to get the full value of your phone. You can contact.the trade in department by calling 1-(800) 416-8894. They can discuss the reason why you received that amount.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
americanius
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welcome to the club of screwed over Verizon customers.  Wish I had read this forum before I became a victim of no response and deceptive business practices.  There have been reports of perfect phones being returned with broken screens or failure to power on.

I submitted request for another return package after the first never arrived.  Been over 30 days now and I'm outside Verizon's window to get the phone sent.  I'm sending my complaint the the FTC.  Verizon knows they are practicing deceitful business practices. Verizon needs to be held accountable and a hefty fine leveled against them for the estimated amount they have scammed out of customers.

The Verizon officers and BoD know this is happening and are doing nothing to fix it.  To me that's criminal so the DOJ is getting a complaint letter along with the SEC.

Oh, and I'll be filing a complaint with other federal agencies for deceptive business practices as well as fraud like to the CFPB, my state public service commission etc.

If everyone on this forum that's been screwed over by Verizon will do the same there may be some movement.

Plus I'm already looking for another service provider even if I have to buy my current plans out.  Why would I continue to do business with a disreputable company after being with them for over 20 years and they crap on me like this.  I may even discontinue paying my bill to get to arbitration so I can at least come in face to face contact with someone at Verizon being that their trade-in site is always conveniently down and the chat never comes up.

Lastly, my next door neighbor is a lawyer and he's very interested in bringing a class action against Verizon on contingency.

jik444

I am having a trade-in issue, also. I was at Best Buy on Black Friday and while waiting, I called Verizon. The woman told me that if I did it on the phone, she would send the phone out and give me a $100 credit on the new phone. In addition, she said that after 2-3 weeks, I would receive a code to return the iPhone 5 and then would receive a $300 gift card. Well, when I received the 6s, there was no $100 credit. I called up and they issued it. A month later, I still had not received the code. I called and they said that there was never a promotion like that. I spoke with Eric in customer service on 1/19 at 8:35 AM and he apologized and said they would look into it and get back to me in a few days. He also said that they could listen to my call with Laurie, the first rep who promised the gift card. Today is a week, and I just called again. The rep, Georgia, said that they are going to look at the promotions again. I said that Eric already did that but she insisted. I said to please go back and listen to the original conversation. She said "That does not matter, the Verizon promotions are all that matter". I guess someone's word is not good enough.  I have been a customer since before Verizon merged (1992). I have 5 phones on Verizon and I most probably will be switching if this issue is not resolved.

0 Likes