Why can't my son receive an MMS message?
Clegg

My son can't receive any MMS This has been going on since Christmas apparently. When I try to send him a picture I get Failed: Invalid Destination Address. His brother has the same phone with no issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can't receive mms
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

Also, which application is he using for his messaging? Depending on the app, the settings may need to be changed...in Hangouts, under settings --> SMS, the default account should be the gmail account. When SMS only is picked, it can cause messages to fail that otherwise wouldn't.

If he's using another app, there may be a similar setting which needs to be changed to allow the messages to go through.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Clegg,

Christmas is the best time to send pictures to one another! I am sorry to learn that your son is having the trouble! We will be glad to help out!

What make/model phone does your son have? Has your son tried to power the phone off and back on again? Have you checked the features of his line to make sure that he doesn't have a block?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon
TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

Also, which application is he using for his messaging? Depending on the app, the settings may need to be changed...in Hangouts, under settings --> SMS, the default account should be the gmail account. When SMS only is picked, it can cause messages to fail that otherwise wouldn't.

If he's using another app, there may be a similar setting which needs to be changed to allow the messages to go through.

0 Likes