Why can't I send texts to just one person?
laurengrayce

I have an LG Revolution.  Yesterday, all of the sudden, I have not been able to text one of my contacts.  I was texting him without problem prior to that and it just stopped going through.  This person is in the same town as me, and it is frustrating to have lost contact.  I can receive texts from him, but he has not been receiving any from me.  It shows on my message feed that the messages have been sent.  It is just one person, I can send texts back and forth without problem to other contacts.  Why is this happening and how can I fix it?  I have tried restarting my phone, he has tried restarting his phone. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I send texts to just one person?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I would figure of it's just one person, it's either his phone or his service. One thing to check however, is that you have his number saved as a ten digit number, even for local numbers, without the area code, these things sometimes don't work.

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I send texts to just one person?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there Laurengrayce,

I message all of the time and I want you to do the same, to anyone you would like!  Demmo provided a good suggestion of having this person check their services and ensuring they're setup as a 10-digit number, but I would like to provide some of my own suggestions.

If they are in fact already setup as a 10-digit number, I would recommend deleting this persons contact from your phone as well as the entire messaging thread (long press and hold on thread to delete).  Readd them to your contact list and try again.

Please advise if this continues and they've already checked with their provider.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes