Why can't I receive SMS on my Galaxy s5?
jclifford94

I switched to the s5 from a Chocolate 3 which I had been using for several years. For about the first week, everything went fine with the Galaxy. About a week ago, I started having some issues with SMS. Sometimes I will receive messages several days late and sometimes not at all. These messages are being sent from both Android and Apple devices. I called support three days ago and was told it was most likely a network issue and would be resolved soon. The problem still persists. I've tried using Hangouts (my preferred messaging app) and tried uninstalling Hangouts and using the default Samsung messages app. The problem occurs with both.

Please help!

-Josh

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I receive SMS on my Galaxy s5?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jclifford94!

Let's see what's causing the problem! What is your current zip code? Do you experience the issue with all senders or a specific sender? Have you recently downloaded any new applications?

Thanks,
AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jclifford94

33432, all senders, and no I have not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jclifford94, thanks for these details. At this time, no outages or issues have been reported in Florida. However, let's take a closer look at your device. Try deleting all unwanted text messages on your device to ensure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Power your device off to soft reset it. Lastly, make sure that you've disabled Wi-Fi and connected to our network. Test the text messaging feature and keep us posted. 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes