Why can't I get service after the update?
9m2e

So after being herassed by my phone for the last week to let it update I did this morning and am beyond upset with the outcome.  I no longer am getting 4G service anywhere when for the past 6 months of owning the phone Ive gotten  4g everywhere including my desk where I am writing this now.  I have restarted and shut down the phone multiple times and am only getting either 1X data connection or 3G and too boot; data upload and download dont seem to be functioning properly. When I try to download an app or upload somthing the action will not complete.  What is the point of forcing upgrades that cause the phone to malfunction, I am paying for 4G service and thatsd what I expect to receive.

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid DNA - No 4G service after update!!!!!
Not applicable

Two suggestions. Same result.....

Take Sim card out of phone carefully while phone is off. Wait a few moments and then insert Sim carefully back into device and turn on and see if it grabs 4G again.

Or go to a Verizon wireless corporate store and have them give you a new one and have them put it in for you.

See if either fixes your issue.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Two suggestions. Same result.....

Take Sim card out of phone carefully while phone is off. Wait a few moments and then insert Sim carefully back into device and turn on and see if it grabs 4G again.

Or go to a Verizon wireless corporate store and have them give you a new one and have them put it in for you.

See if either fixes your issue.

Good Luck

0 Likes
9m2e

Thank you for the help!   I took out the SIM card and let it sit for 5 mins, put it back in, turned the phone on and so far so good!

0 Likes
Droid DNA - No 4G service after update!!!!!
9m2e

Well that didnt last long .... back to 3G / 1X ...

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check your network settings... it should be set to CDMA/LTE  sometimes my phone reverts to GLOBAL causing  flaky connections.  Settings >> Network >> Preferred or some similar path - choose LTE / CDMA mode.

0 Likes
9m2e

Thanks SuzyQ, before posting I verified my settings were correct and just checked it again after the phone swtiched back into and is maintaing data connection at 3G.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am glad my suggestion worked.

In another point my phone often times also switches between 3G and 4G LTE so I am thinking this is a normal thing.

Hopefully it will keep connecting when 4G is the stronger signal.

Good Luck

0 Likes
9m2e

Ive noticed the switch before too but it's when Im in the middle of nowhere and doesnt last long, ive never had it occur at my home or work,  have it last for hours, and not have the phone attempt 4G connection prior to 3G.  Hopefully it gets better, it had not picked up 4G since I commented earlier.

0 Likes
9m2e

Tried the sim card trick again.  So far so good,  it's held 4G for the last hour an a half.

0 Likes
Not applicable

However if it is needing to keep being taken out and reinserted I would go to the Verizon Wireless Corporate Store and get a brand new one.

Best to be always connected.

Good Luck

0 Likes