Why can't I associate my LG Octane with the Verizon Messages app?
LarryBG

My wife recently purchased an Ellipsis 7 tablet. We want to "connect" her tablet with her phone so messages sent to  her phone number will automatically go to the tablet, which I though was the purpose of Messages. Our phones and the tablet are all on the same plan.

I downloaded/installed Verizon Messages on the tablet.

I set up Verizon Messages on the web. Since my number is the main number on our family plan the web app apparently associated my phone number with the web version. Can her phone number be linked to the web app and will that accomplish our purpose to have text messages sent to/from her phone number whether she is using the tablet or phone? If not, is there an app that will accomplish that?

Her phone is an LG Octane, not a smart phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not able to associate LG Octane with Verizon Messages app
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

First, you need to set up your wife's phone number with a MyVerizon account - even though you are all on the same family plan, each line can (and should) have it's own login and password.  Once that's set up, I would delete the Messages app from the tablet that is connected to your phone number.  Restart the tablet, and then reinstall the app and try to connect / link it to your wife's number this time.

Let us know if this works...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Not able to associate LG Octane with Verizon Messages app
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

First, you need to set up your wife's phone number with a MyVerizon account - even though you are all on the same family plan, each line can (and should) have it's own login and password.  Once that's set up, I would delete the Messages app from the tablet that is connected to your phone number.  Restart the tablet, and then reinstall the app and try to connect / link it to your wife's number this time.

Let us know if this works...

0 Likes