Why can't I activate my device?
jstar44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I ordered a new Galaxy S4 over the phone with Verizon. Received it today. Tried to activate it tonight and it will not activate. I followed the steps and after I turn off my old phone and turn on the new one I choose english and press the button and it reads activation error or sim card error. What do I do??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ordered a new Galaxy S4 I tries to activate it and the screen reads sim card error and it will not activate
jstar44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks went to Verizon store today. They replaced simple card and we're able to activate it after that

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

View solution in original post

Re: Ordered a new Galaxy S4 I tries to activate it and the screen reads sim card error and it will not activate
Daeok
Enthusiast - Level 2

Get it working?

0 Likes
Daeok
Enthusiast - Level 2

Remove then re-insert the sim. If that fails get a free sim from your local store. If that fails you got a defective phone...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

you sure you didn't put the sim in the wrong way?

jstar44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks went to Verizon store today. They replaced simple card and we're able to activate it after that

jstar44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Replaced sim card that is. Darn auto correct. Great phone so far.

0 Likes
Daeok
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jstar, We are glad that you were able to activate your device. We apologize for the delay. Please let us know if you need any other assistance.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes