Why calendar hangs up?
JAMMIL90
Enthusiast - Level 2

The calendar function on my phonewill not go to the calendar.

When I tap on the icon a screenappears stating it is trying to synchronize and then it hangs up.

Eventually a message appearsstating, something close to, no calendar available to synchronize.

I cannot get beyond this screen andthus the calendar never appears and till yet have not found a way around it.

I have nothing to synchronize nordo I ever want to synchronize but somehow the phone thinks I should.

This adds no value to me, is justwasting my time and I do not see why it is necessary.

If it is necessary try it once andthen let a user bypass it.

I have reset this phone five timesthinking I did something wrong but in each case the problem is because thephone features, apps, think they know what I should do instead of  what Iwant to do.

If anybody knows a way around thislet me know.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why calendar hangs up?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which phone do you have?  If it's an Android and you put your google account credentials on it then it may be having trouble connecting to your Google account.  If it's an iPhone your Apple ID (emailaddress@icloud.com) is your ID that it's trying to sync.  When you say you "reset" it do you mean just restarting it or have you done a factory reset? 

0 Likes
JAMMIL90
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is a Kyocera DuraForce pro 2.

The resets were factory resets.

I do not have a google account, do not need one and I do not want one.

0 Likes
JAMMIL90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry about the words running together in the original post and extra spacing as I did not type it that way.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't have a Google account and don't want one, then you probably shouldn't have purchased an Android device.  Google apps need a Google account to work properly.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

But that is a smartphone running on the Android OS. You need a Google account to the Play Store for applications, games, updates, and backups. The calendar is hanging up because it can't synchronize to the Google account needed for the phone to fully function.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oh, hi, Ninja!

JAMMIL90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everything I need a phone for comes preinstalled and I have no need for google apps. I just need the preinstalled apps to work. My line of work does not allow me to be checking a phone, texting, internet, playing  games, listening to music, watching a video, posting to social media and searching the internet every 10 or 15 minutes but requires a durable phone which will perform a few things a flip phone will not.

My line of work does not require a google account but does require the apps which come on the phone, phone, calendar messaging, maps, camera, and occasionally the internet, to work. Flip phones lack a decent camera.

0 Likes
JAMMIL90
Enthusiast - Level 2

"You need a Google account to the Play Store for applications, games, updates, and backups."

I have no need for the Play store, games, updates, backups, other apps, and all of the other bs.

If my line of work and boss did not require me to have the phone I would not have it. Also I need a durable phone which will do a few things a flip phone will not.

I just need to basic apps that came on the phone to work regardless if they are up to date. I do not have time to play games, do other apps, surf the internet, post to the internet, watch a video, listen to music, etc. I only have time to work and when I get done for the day the phone is turned off.

0 Likes