Why are some websites not working on hot spot?
WirelessJunkie5

I have an LG Spectrum that I use the hot spot to connect my computer to.  I've not been able to access some websites this way from my PC.  Basic and reliable sites such as delta.com and microsoft.com

My PC can access these sites through when I use other sources of internet (MiFi for example).

All browsers on my PC get no access to these same sites (Chrome, Safari, IE).

I can access the sites from the phone directly through the Android browser.

I try to use the IP address directly and no luck, so not a NAT issue.

I wonder if the phone tells the internet site that it is mobile, so that the site changes to a mobile mode, or the phone redirects it for some reason.

All help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why are some websites not working on hot spot?
Bob303

I have been having a lot of trouble with the hotspot function on my LG Spectrum, too.  Mostly it would just stop working.  Sometimes after a minute or two.  Sometimes after a half hour or more.  Given a few minutes it would fix itself or I could run the Windows repair function.  This morning the problem was like you describe where I couldn't get to some mainstream websites I use regularly.  Others worked fine.  Tethered the sites worked fine.  Going wireless through a Fivespot they worked fine.  After power cycling the Spectrum they worked fine.  I called tech support and got to the second level.  They did a bunch of stuff I couldn't have understood if they would have explained it.  Some of it was refreshing some of the information on the SIM card.  They had me remove and replace the SIM card and everything has been working OK since.  About five hours now.  You might give them a call.

My take is that there is some problem with the wireless router part of the hotspot function.  I was on the second phone with the same problem so it may be fairly wide spread.

Good luck!

0 Likes