Why are my text messages delayed?
December1322
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can anyone explain why it suddenly takes hours for me to receive a text message? We do a lot of group texts at work and for whatever reason, I am not receiving texts until hours after they are sent.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Delayed Text Messages
palmerrmpv
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have been trying texting with wifi off for a couple of weeks and that seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
valeriedmb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem!  I travel a lot and it is very important that I receive my text messages in real time.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to receive the messages right away. Let's work together to figure out what is going on. What phone make/model do you have? Have you added any new apps?
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Valeriedmb Making sure you have a working phone, especially when traveling is very important to us. Can you tell us how long this has been going on? Are you not receiving individual text? Is this for group only? What make/model phone do you have? 
DeloresKKVZWW
Follow us on Twitter VZWSupportt
If my response answered your question please click the�CorrecttAnswer�� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
palmerrmpv
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife is having the same problem on her galaxy s4. She has had the issue for quite a while and tried changing from the standard text app to message+ but it didn't help. Our messages will be delivered on her phone all at once and long after the conversation is done. Any thoughts on what might be causing her problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

palmerrmpv,

Let’s get all her messages going out on time. However, we will need a few more details. Does this happen with all her text messages? Is she having issues sending them out?

Here to help

YareliM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
palmerrmpv
Enthusiast - Level 2

The delay only occurs when receiving group texts and every time she is in a group text. There are no delays when she is sending a text. Thanks

palmerrmpv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any updates on this?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies for the delay, palmerrmpv! When these messages are delayed, does she happen to be on Wifi? Group text messages are MMS, just like picture messages. They are not supported by WiFi, and in some cases you may need to turn WiFi off for them to come through.

MichelleH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
palmerrmpv
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have been trying texting with wifi off for a couple of weeks and that seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes