Why are my Galaxy S5 apps failing?
Eugen

In the past 2 days applications on my Galaxy S5 have stopped working.  I'm getting the  repeated message "unfortunately app name has stopped working", for multiple apps.  I've also seen that message related to operating system functions that were failing.  I've rebooted multiple  times, removed the battery, and also done a reset.  The problem continues.  I didn't intentionally install anything new in the recent past.  Please look into this and make a recommendation for how to get my phone back to a stable state.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S5 apps are failing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Eugen,

Thanks for keeping us informed. Since the issues are happening with so many different applications, there may have been an issue during the installation of the update. The best solution to getting your phone working again will be backing it up and performing a factory reset. Please follow the links below.

Backup: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/?lid=sayt&sayt=verizon%20cloud*

Factory Reset: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-99541/

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Look in your apps and find "Android System Webview" - uninstall it and reboot the phone.  That should stop the apps from crashing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Eugen,
Let's get those apps running as smoothly as they should! What are the specific apps that prompt this error? What other changes were made to the phone in the last 2 days, software, new apps? I see you mentioned there were none, but is there anything else you may recall?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Eugen

@Thanks SuzyQ - I did remove "Android System Webview" and it didn't solve my problem.  I reinstalled it. 

The problem continues.  All kinds of apps are having problems, you name it.  Camera, Amazon, Google Play, Message, Slacker, Badge Provider, Touch Wiz Home, S Health, Contact, Instant Video, Pandora, android_process_acore (plus other OS level processes), I stopped taking notes.  The phone has shut down or hung a few times more, some photos I just took of my son's communion disappeared.  Of course I took it to a local Verizon dealer and it didn't repeat itself when I was there.  She believed me since her sons are having similar problems.

Regarding updates, there were none in the week leading up to the problem, not even accepted app upgrades.  I did the major OS upgrade about 6-8 weeks ago.  Phone worked ok but I have the same battery drain issues I've read elsewhere.  I really like the phone but can't rely on it in its current state. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Eugen,

Thanks for keeping us informed. Since the issues are happening with so many different applications, there may have been an issue during the installation of the update. The best solution to getting your phone working again will be backing it up and performing a factory reset. Please follow the links below.

Backup: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/?lid=sayt&sayt=verizon%20cloud*

Factory Reset: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-99541/

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes