Re: Why are my ANDRIODS using DATA in the middle of the night when noone is on them?
Snn5
Legend

Any third party apps can be disabled or uninstalled.  All pre-installed, most of them, can be disabled.  No app can be uninstalled if it is a system app.  This prevents malfunction.  I myself have disabled every Verizon and manufacturer-installed app possible that was not uninstallable. I have no issues.  I disable background data of any app that is not Google-account related. (gmail, calendar, keep, framework, etc)

0 Likes
Re: Why are my ANDRIODS using DATA in the middle of the night when noone is on them?
bridgetpotterbrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I don't know how to edit it

0 Likes
bridgetpotterbrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon on oleander in Wilmington North Carolina told me not to disable

apps on my cell phone

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Those individuals were incorrect.  Most of us here in the community have much more experience in these matters and real-world use than those who just sell products with an agenda to make money for a company.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

bridgetpotterbrock wrote:

Verizon on oleander in Wilmington North Carolina told me not to disable

apps on my cell phone

Some apps can be disabled.  If you aren't sure, don't disable, or ask us. 

This has nothing to do with data use or overage.  You are throwing stuff at the phone with no idea how to fix your main issue, which is staying within your data allowance.

focus.... Right now I wish you were going to Med school, not law school, because you would understand the need for diagnosis.

answer this one question: WHAT IS USING DATA ON YOUR PHONE?  A screen shot of your data usage list will do.

mama23dogs
Legend

bridgetpotterbrock wrote:

i have tried 7 times to get verizon to accept my DD214 and they are just....lazy or idk what you want to call it but...i still haven't received the discount

Call customer service and ask where you can send the form...

0 Likes
GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

There is excellent advise all over this thread which I won't repeat.  Just want to say that I have an S5 (still 4.4.4) on Verizon.  The Data is turned off almost continuously.  I have uninstalled some apps, disabled many more and also have a bunch more restricted from data use.  I've discovered YouTube active a number of times when I have not used it in any way. It has a setting option to stream only on WiFi which I have checked. The phone is on 24/7 and  half way through this billing cycle I'm currently at 30MB.  The settings work well for me. 

bridgetpotterbrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is you is I don't appreciate not having unlimited data while Verizon

and Samsung apps are running on my bill... the bill I pay... thats my

issue!! The warning... is to discourage a person reasonable person not to

disable then therefore they will still run milking data

0 Likes
bridgetpotterbrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

You all are trying to give me solution as if I'm ignorant and I'm not my

husband... Or ex husband works for the State Department he maintains the

computerized security system on embassies.... He literally is a genius and

when it comes to technology there is nothing he does not understand

comprehend or know.... Even with cell phone technology and apps... So when

his plane landed on Saturday the concerns I had I spoke to him about and he

researched it for me. I'm not an idiot or a fool and I already went to med

school I was a nurse so I do know how to diagnose and before that I was an

aviation electronics technician so I really do know how to diagnose because

I know how to read a schematic right down to a resistor and a diode

everything about circuit board and I know everything about networking I

know everything about voice over IP I'm not an idiot so please do not treat

me like one I happen to be quite intelligent. Now if we're all done being a

little remedial and we would like to address the real problem here I would

love to because I stayed out of class to get to the bottom of the real

problem. Since somebody wanted to bring up the fact of me being in love

school instead of med school.

0 Likes
bridgetpotterbrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just finished doing all of my hypothetical filing for civil complaint,

summary judgment, injunctions and temporary restraining orders

0 Likes