Re: Why are my ANDRIODS using DATA in the middle of the night when noone is on them?
bridgetpotterbrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well Verizon and Samsung have pre-installed apps on my phone that milk data

at my expense? Is this ok?

Thank You,

Bridget

Personal information removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Why are my ANDRIODS using DATA in the middle of the night when noone is on them?
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, they can have pre-installed apps on your phone which can use data and yes, you can disable those apps.

Additionally, you should not post your phone # and email on a public forum. It is having your contact information in such places which can increase your chance of increased spam calls/emails and/or identity theft.

bridgetpotterbrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's an automatic signature.... Verizon also has a disclaimer stating it

doesn't share my information

0 Likes
bridgetpotterbrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Again!! The phone gives a warning stating the phone will not operate

correctly if disabled...

0 Likes
bridgetpotterbrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

To me that is a bully attempt at keeping people from disabling apps so they

can milk data

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, but it is a signature YOU created which will be added to the end of ALL of your forum posts. Don't include your personal information in such a signature.

No, Verizon won't share your information. In this instance YOU are the one sharing it.

0 Likes
bridgetpotterbrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's Monday I don't have time to Debate this issue i have a civil

litigation hypothetical assignment due on false imprisonment.... you can

only imagine the topic I have picked!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

bridgetpotterbrock wrote:

Again!! The phone gives a warning stating the phone will not operate

correctly if disabled...

No, the phone gives a warning the phone MAY not operate correctly. This is simply to inform you to be careful of what apps you disable, because disabling some apps WILL cause the phone to not operate. This is not the case for ALL apps, though. If you are unsure, ask.

As I have stated before, I, as do many other android users, have multiple apps disabled without affecting the phone functioning correctly.

0 Likes
bridgetpotterbrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have tried 7 times to get verizon to accept my DD214 and they are just....lazy or idk what you want to call it but...i still haven't received the discount

0 Likes
bridgetpotterbrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

i disabled apps on my previous phone and it malfunctioned...verizon told me not to ever disable pre-installed apps

0 Likes