Re: Why am I suddenly getting Instabug txt files in my File Manager Documents folder?
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

CarmenT_VZW

I reset my phone to factory settings. 

When I started up my phone (with Verizon Cloud active) I got a text file in the File Manager -> Documents folder again. 

Very disappointed. 

I disabled this app. 

0 Likes
Re: Why am I suddenly getting Instabug txt files in my File Manager Documents folder?
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

CarmenT_VZW:

It's been a week since your last post. Just wondering if there is any solution to this bug in the app.  I did the factory reset and checked the File Manager before I installed any other apps. I got the text files when I started the phone. Once I disabled the Verizon Cloud app I stopped getting the text files. Any solution to this? Thanks.

0 Likes
Budcad

This app caused my phone to be somewhat useless. Gigs and gigs of txt files (some as large as 400 MB). This clogged up my phone storage, made it impossible to use the camera or to sync email until I found and deleted the txt files (which came right back the next day). No excuse for this. App disabled.

0 Likes
dschtm

Same problem. Mine started on 10/5/2020.  Instabug log files are made daily.  In two weeks it took up about 5 gigs of the phones memory. Called customer service and they deleted the files but the one for today is back and getting larger every hour.  How to stop this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Budcad I can imagine how annoying that must have been. You did the best thing by disabling the app. If this is an app you really like, I would check to see if there is an update for it. How is your phone working now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to understand what is going on with your device, dschtm. Are you using the Verizon Cloud app to back up your text messages? 

0 Likes