Why am I getting delayed messages and call notification?
hlb561

In the past week twice text messages to me have been delayed by hours until another text came or I made a call.  A call was made to me more than 12 hours ago; my phone did not ring, there is still no missed call notification, and the log of recent calls still does not show the call.  The voicemail that was left immediately reached me.  My phone had access to Wi-Fi and 4G at these times.  I worry about how many other texts or calls I have missed.  How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: delayed messages and call notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hlb561-

I want you to have the best possible signal. I am glad to know you have 2 bars of signal, this means your phone is making a connection. Let's continue working at it. I would like you to complete a soft reset by powering off the phone and remove the Sim card:

httptp:vzvz.to/1HInsKG

Please keep the Sim card out for 30 seconds, then put it back and restart your phone. Then test your call by dialing #832 Send and keep us posted on how your calls are working.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hlb561,

We don't want you to miss out on any important calls or text messages. I personally need my phone for a lot so that would be an issue for me. Let's figure this out together. When did you first start noticing this? Are there others having the same issue in your area? What kind of phone do you have?
JasperMVZW
Follow us on Twitter VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the�CorrectAnswer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hlb561

I first noticed this 10/30/15.  I am not aware of anyone else.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime.

0 Likes
hlb561

Any answer to this problem?  It is now Monday, and the Friday call still is not shown on my call log.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Hlb561,

Thanks for the helpful details. We know its important to have a properly working phone at all times. Have you powered the phone off/on? Does the issue occur everywhere or just in one location? How much internalmemoryy is available on the device?

Thanks,
PamelaFFFFVZWW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hlb561

I have powered the phone off/on.  Should that fix it?  How often do I need to do that to keep it working?  At the times when these recent messages and call should have been received I was at home, where my phone should automatically connect to the wi-fi, and there is 4G signal.  Available device memory is 1.54G out of 8.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking time to troubleshoot with us. It is possible the restart will refresh device with network to resolve this. If the call never came through to the phone because of poor connection or network error it will not be delivered later like a text will. Please keep me updated if it happens again as I am happy to help further.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hlb561

This is still happening.  A missed call was logged at 3:51 pm, and the notification immediately showed up.  Notification of the corresponding voicemail left at 3:52 pm did not show up until 7:23 am the next day.  At the time of the call and voicemail my phone had access to 4G signal.  In the evening it had access to wi-fi as well.

What do I need to do to have a properly working phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hib561-

I don't want you to have more missed calls as I know I must be very inconvenient. Let's work towards a solution. What zip code are you in when this happens? Is this happening a new location? How many bars of signal you have when this happens? Please provide these details so we can check this further for you. Thank you for allowing us to assist.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hlb561

The three times referred to in my initial question occurred in 06489.  The most recent occurred in 06032.  I have at least two bars of 4G in both places. 

0 Likes