Why am I getting daily system updates and how do I stop it?
Lsbdaddy2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why am I all of a sudden getting daily Android updates and how do I get it to stop?

Labels (1)
Re: Why am I getting daily system updates and how do I stop it?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Lsbdaddy2001 wrote:

Why am I all of a sudden getting daily Android updates and how do I get it to stop?

You shouldn't be getting a daily system update. Is it an update you are just ignoring? if so then update.

0 Likes
Lsbdaddy2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I let it go through its process at least 5 times and still keeps prompting me once a day to update. I think I figured it out though! I think it was caused by Verizons new updated security features. I figured out how to go in and cancel their daily update for that may be what it was?

Will see if this solved it, will post back this evening if it fixed it. Thanks

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure the software on your device is up to date is vital, Lsbdaddy2001. I can certainly understand how inconvenient it can be to keep receiving the notification for the update.

What Android phone do you have? When did this start? Is the update for the device or an app on the phone? Just to be clear, you run the software update, but still continue to receive the notification for the same software update? 

You mentioned you canceled the daily update for the security feature on your phone. Did you stop receiving the update notifications after doing this? 

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the verizon network will give 5-12mbps at best & you're timing out on the download  or selecting "later"!!

you can only play the later game for so long!!

0 Likes
Fuverizon51

Please let me know how you cancelled the daily security thing I need to do that to stop the daily system updates pop-up. Thank you

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

0 Likes