Why Won't The Screen Lock On My HTC M10?
auman69
Enthusiast - Level 2

The last few weeks I notice that the screen will not lock unless I select the button on the side.  The screen will go 90% black when the screen timeout is meet.  This seam to happen after an update I believe.  I have looked threw all of the setting and can not find anything to select or deselect to stop this.  Any ones help would be grateful.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC M10 screen will not lock
auman69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response. 

I did not complete the update, it was after an update that is automatic during the evening.  Not sure what app.  When I say the screen goes 90% black, its like the brightness on the screen goes to 25%.  I looked in settings under security/automatically lock phone, this was set at 30 seconds.  I changed it to Immediately and restarted the phone.  It seams to be working correctly now.

I am also having an issue with the message + update that just happen.  I will post a new question regarding this, if you see it please reply.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

auman69-

I know how vital it is to lock your screen. We will figure this out! When did you complete the update on your phone? Can you describe for me more about what you mean by the screen will go 90% black?

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
auman69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response. 

I did not complete the update, it was after an update that is automatic during the evening.  Not sure what app.  When I say the screen goes 90% black, its like the brightness on the screen goes to 25%.  I looked in settings under security/automatically lock phone, this was set at 30 seconds.  I changed it to Immediately and restarted the phone.  It seams to be working correctly now.

I am also having an issue with the message + update that just happen.  I will post a new question regarding this, if you see it please reply.

0 Likes