Why Verizon? Why block features that our phones have like the Samsung Pay?
13eto
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm disappointed because I had love the Verizon service in my area but now I have a reason for checking out the competition. I was hyped about the Samsung Pay feature to only find out Verizon decided to block all of it's customers from using it. I hate when companies do this. I changed from sprint because they would charge you for using the hotspot on your phones. Now Verizon does this. Truly disappointing. I feel like apologizing to the 6 people I convinced to change on to the Verizon service.

Labels (1)
Re: Why Verizon? Why block features that our phones have like the Samsung Pay?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

13eto

Being able to use your phone to make purchases is a cool feature to have. While the Samsung Pay is being reviewed, check out android pay: https://www.android.com/pay/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

In other words, PAY NO ATTENTION to the meaningless reply by the VZW rep as it neither addresses the problem nor gives an adequate alternative with a payment system NOT ACCEPTED at 9 out of 10 vendors which accept Samsung Pay.

dqbanboi83
Enthusiast - Level 1

So if Verizon decides not to allow Samsung Pay after they are done with the very long process of "evaluating" it, and i bought the Samsung's Edge and Edge plus for it, does that mean that i can get a refund since one of the primary functions will never work? Never mind, i know 3 other carries who will give me the refund and new phones for my 4 lines. So disappointed, as we are the only of the 4 big carriers to have missed a deadline AGAIN. Oh and by the way Verizon CS, before you reply with one of your pre-selected by the president messages, Do you understand that the reason Samsung Pay is more than cool is because it doesn't require NFC? in other words its actually practical and functional.

0 Likes
kc8txw
Enthusiast - Level 1

The thing is I pay Verizon for phone and data service not to tell me what software  I can and can not run on the phone I had to purchase.  I bought a laptop at Walmart I don't  let them control my laptop.  I travel around the country and Android pay isn't excepted everywhere Samsung pay could be used.

0 Likes
skiles21
Enthusiast - Level 1

So Verizon is blocking Samsung Pay, which makes no sense, and in my opinion is horrible customer service that they would arbitrarily block a service for all customers.  But now to add insult to injury, Samsung is running a promo for their Samsung Pay app; for a limited time if you activate the app and add a card, they will give you either a free wireless charger or wallet flip cover, both of which are not cheap.  Since Verizon is blocking me from being able to use this app, will they honor the promo and provide me with either a FREE wireless charger or wallet flip cover?  If they don't make this right then I might have to start shopping other carriers, which is really sad since I have been a loyal client for about a decade.  Oh and I know Android Pay exists, I have it on my phone, the point isn't that there is an alternative but that you took away our right to choose.  Google wallet existed before any of these pay apps, does that mean I can only have that option and never get to experience newer technology, just doesn't make any sense.  Please, get it together Verizon Wireless, and make this right (and right now)!