Why Are My Texts Being Read Out Loud?
edwardl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a new text message on my galaxy s7. It has suddenly begun with a computer generated voice about sms 2.9 billion and some other long numbers being voiced. then at the end it reads the incoming message such as see you later.. I am not in driving mode and restated phone and it stopped , then today it started again.. received from 2 different phones

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: text message auto read outs
edwardl
Enthusiast - Level 2

went to Verizon store. could not fix.. did a total reset.. better now

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want your device to work as intended, edwardl. I understand that you are getting text messages that readout without you doing anything for this to happen. I also understand that this has only happened 3 times and it was resolved when you powered your phone off/on.
Did this issue start happening after you install/update any particular application/software?
What text messaging application are you using?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
edwardl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the message app that came on my galaxy 7.. It has happened again and again , even after

shutting phone off and on.

I read about a hard re set, using home and power keys.. will i lose all my info on phone?

the only update was a samsung latest update , which was a really detailed one.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are two text message applications that came with the phone. One called Messaging and the other Messages+.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
edwardl
Enthusiast - Level 2

went to Verizon store. could not fix.. did a total reset.. better now

0 Likes