Re: Who else is having MAJOR issues with their Droid DNA post 4.4 (KitKat) update??
twinnieb

I am having so many issues with my DNA. I can't receive/make calls in places I used to have no problem with. Primarily home and work- the two places I REALLY need to be able to use my phone. When I take video now, there are no sounds from what I'm trying to record. All I get is a static/white noise that's really loud. I try to dial out and lose all bars. Hang up and get a big X where signal strength is. Have to reboot to get 4G back.

I've gone to Verizon and I've already tried a new SIM card and factory resetting about 3 times now. Went back in today and willing to pay for Edge just to get a working phone, but they won't let me because I'm not eligible yet. So, I am stuck with a phone that doesn't work for another 9 months?!?!

The guy in the store told me to call tech support so they can test the signal for my phone/area. Umm...my husband's and all of my coworkers' phones work fine?! He said maybe a setting was wrong on my phone. WTF?! Live Chat on Verizon website is not online...Tried calling and "they are experiencing higher than normal call volumes" did a Facebook message to talk to someone and the person who replied had me turn roaming on and take the SIM card out and put back in...again (I've already tried that many times).

Frustrated beyond belief. I've missed I don't even know how many calls. Can't even check my voicemails unless I reboot phone every time and pray that I don't lose signal.

0 Likes
Re: Who else is having MAJOR issues with their Droid DNA post 4.4 (KitKat) update??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello twinnieb!

I'm so sorry for these issues with your DNA, and that you've already tried to get it corrected through other avenues. No worries, though! I'd love to assist you with this, and find out what your options are!

I've followed you in the forums. Please accept me and follow me back. Then, send me a Direct Message and we'll get started on a fix.

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sliight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Verizon folks, I realize that it's commonplace these days to skip testing, roll stuff out, then have you folks issue apologies to buy time.  I presume the savings on testing is better than the overall loss of customers due to the lack of it...

In any case, I'm more interested in an eta for the hotfix than the apologies.  Has corporate shared an eta with you yet or just the save the customers memo?

Thanks,

0 Likes
MT14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me!!!  Lots of similar problems on my Droid Razr M.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sliight,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your phone. We definitely want you to enjoy it, and want it back to running smoothly. What specific device issues are you having?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
sliight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Texts take ages to load ( not going to delete conversations as a fix ), and signal strength degradation are the two that irritate me the most.  The texts will only be fixed with the hotfix, and the latter is just due to the upgrade moving me to the new bandwidth.

So, really only interested in the eta for hotfix. Has corporate given you an eta yet or are they just keeping you all in apologetic retain customer mode?

As far as bandwidth, if it is consistently bad I'll just reload prior os with a full wipe and then block system updates. 

Thanks,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello sliight. Slow loading texts would definitely be just a bit annoying. Does this happen with all text threads you try and open? Any difference with speed if you access the Messages app through your status bar when you receive a new text?

With regards to this happening, have you attempted clearing the cache and data from the text messaging app? Settings>App Manager>All>Messages?

Let us know if this helps clear this slow loading issue. I also own a DNA and have not encountered this issue.

Thank you, sliight.

NicandroN_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
bklyn1876

I was having the same issue. I have the Note 3. I called tech support and I had to do a factory reset. Just make sure you have everything backed up. So far my phone is good to go. The update messed my phone up. My battery was draining quickly, my texts were not sending and I wasn't receiving any texts and I had a long lag going from one app to another.

0 Likes
lyzzy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me.!  i hate this update.  i did a factory reset on my phone and the update is still there. nooooooooooooooooooo

1) NO bluetooth connectivity

2) smaller keyboard - really hard to type

3) messaging screen color combo hideous

4) NO alphabet in contacts? have to scroll a hundred to find. 

stupid, thoughtless, no QC update. and someone got paid for this and thought it was a good idea?

HATE THIS! HATE THIS! HATE THIS! 

FIX IT OR ROLL IT BACK.  THIS IS   H O R R I B L E

DroidMan228
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also dislike this update and here is why...

I have recently updated my HTC Droid DNA to Android 4.4.2 and HTC sense 5.5. After this upgrade I have lost ALL ability to watch and take video, along with ALL audio input (mic) and output. That being said I can not make or receive phone calls as no one is able to hear me and I am unable to hear anyone. I have no ringtones, music, etc...Assuming there was a glitch in the download of the update, my wife has the same phone with no issues after the update, is there a way to "re-download" the update. I have done everything all the way to a factory reset to try to clear this issue up to no avail. Please someone, anyone find a way to fix this!!! I had absolutely no issues whatsoever prior to the update and currently have to use the phone I replaced because I can not use the DNA as a phone!!

0 Likes