Which phones won't have Bing Junk?
itguy10

So I came over from AT&T and an iPhone and got the Droid X and love it.  Android rocks!

The plan is to get the wife over when her contract is up and have her get an Android phone.  However, it is Extremely upsetting that most new Android phones have this Bing GARBAGE installed on them.  

Bing is a vastly inferior search to Google and really ruins the Android experience.  

So, which phones won't have Bing Junk on them?  Or should I just go back to AT&T when my contract expires where they don't ruin their phones with Bing Junk?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Which phones won't have Bing Junk?
budone
Legend

The only one I am aware of that has Bing as the default search is the Samsung Fasinate.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
There is also a just announced Motorola Citrus that is supposed to be Binged.

Although the other phone that was just announced, Droid Pro, had no mention of Bing in the press release.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RonAnderson
If I'm not mistaken the upper end android phones will still be Google based. The lower end phones will be windows, (that's one big slap in googles face.

Just as I said before. America is full of big greedy businesses. And if they have 100 million they want 100billion. Then after they greed themselves up, they complain about the taxes they have to pay. What the company is the only one allowed to profit? The company is the only one that has bills? Let me guess, the constitution says, "we the big businesses"? I thought it said we. The. People?
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@Ron
Then what is the Samsung Fascinate? Chopped Liver?

Sorry couldn't resist. LOL

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
OK what I was trying to say without actually saying it was that the Fascinate with Bing has better specs then my little old Droid Eris with Google.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Get the droid X , IT ROCKS! I can sync with itunes (using market app) I can multi task, I can watch Divx files. It has a HUGE screen and for it being big, it fits nice in my pockets.
0 Likes
chukee

@reallyniceguy thats what she said 😛

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@reallyniceguy
As much as I would love to upgrade to a new phone from the Droid Eris, I am under the two year contract and can't afford to buy a phone outright. As well in looking at the recent phones and all the apps that are preloaded, I am very happy to have the Droid Eris and its minimal bloatware.

Besides I have a little letter sitting on my table thanks to Verizon's "Trust Network" that makes getting a new phone at this time a moot point.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Have you received a letter stating what your choices are???

0 Likes