Which phone has Guest Mode Available on Lollipop
ltolman1
Contributor - Level 1

Android 5.0 allows Smartphones to have the ability to have "Guest Mode".  Have you ever been in public and some stranger asks to borrow your phone whether its to call a friend, family or even Triple AAA??? Well all your apps, your contacts, your photos are visible when you hand the phone over.

Android 5.0 is to fix/simplify that.  According to several different sources you're supposed to pull down the Notification Window and see your picture in the upper right; after clicking it theres another button that says "Guest Mode" one press and voila everything is locked down under your account.  The stranger makes the call and you press your icon again (probably entering your secure passcode) and voila everythings the same.

As the title says "What phone has this feature?"  I own the Galaxy s5 and after 2 separate Lollipop updates; one in February and one in April I don't have the feature. I just talked to Samsung Agent, we apparently don't have that feature whatsoever. But yet according to sources it says these come with a pre installed app that allows us to.............I call a bluff.

First off Samsung Galaxy s5 does have a kids mode button I will say that, but clearly that doesn't help when the stranger wants to make a quick call.

Second this device does have a private mode but you have to go thru pictures, select them to hide em. Go thru documents, etc. Its a long tedious task; also doesn't help.

So aside from looking on the Play Store for a separate downloaded app.......What Cell Phones has this? HTC Nemo? LG G999?  Nokia Tunamelt? (I'm clearly making these up, I'm just trying to figure out what devices has this)

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Which phone has Guest Mode Available on Lollipop
stef7
Master - Level 2

FWIW, LG G2 has it.