Where the hell is Swype after kitkat upgrade for razr maxx hd?
byCarlsJr

Where the hell is Swype after kitkat upgrade for razr maxx hd?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where the hell is Swype after kitkat upgrade for razr maxx hd?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@byCarlsJr

I, too, regularly use my Swype keyboard feature!  The Swype keyboard is no longer available for use on the device after the KitKat update.  However, Android keyboard is available on the device for you to use.  If you need a gesture typing, you may download and install the Google Keyboard from the Play Store.  There are also other 3rd party swype applications available for download as well.  Thanks for the inquiry!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@byCarlsJr

I, too, regularly use my Swype keyboard feature!  The Swype keyboard is no longer available for use on the device after the KitKat update.  However, Android keyboard is available on the device for you to use.  If you need a gesture typing, you may download and install the Google Keyboard from the Play Store.  There are also other 3rd party swype applications available for download as well.  Thanks for the inquiry!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If you have to have Swype, it's available trial for 30day or for purchase for a nominal fee via the Playstore. I used beta versions a number of years, and then ponied up a few dollars to pay for a licensed copy, and that's what I use on my LG G2.

Alternatively, you can use the Google Keyboard,

AZSALUKI
Legend

Swype is now a paid app so the developers are no longer allowing it to be placed on phones by the manufacturers. Google keyboard and KK Keyboard both offer gesture (swype) typing and are both free. there's others out there too, but many cost $1-3.

0 Likes
Flessan
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I undo this upgrade?  I will not suffer these horrific changes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Flessan,

We want you to love and enjoy your wireless device with the new Kit Kat software. While the update provides an array of options, they take some time to get used to as this is a major update. May I ask what changes do you not like? While the update can't be undone, allow me to help you transition into the new features.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
Flessan
Enthusiast - Level 2

The whole list?  Honestly, I have to dump this phone.

1)  Phone is HOT!  Battery went from 98% to 35% in 6 hours.  Used to last 2 days.

2)  I have a weather app with an icon on the desktop.  It has a black or white background on the icon depending on day or night.  Used to be clear so it didn't interfere with the desktop.  The app is not updated.  It was kitkat that changed it.

3)  My LED for text messages was green.  Facebook blue, different colors.  Now it's white.  Period.  Thanks for the downgrade!

4)  My camera takes blurry pictures now.  I can't get the lighting right no matter what.  It's junk now.  I will have to go buy a camera.  Holy crap!  This phone/camera was awesome!  Fail.

5)  I could mute the phone without unlocking.  There was a speaker symbol on the lock screen you could just slide to mute.  Awesome for church.  Now I have to actually go into the phone to mute it.  Fail.

6)  This is HUGE for me.  Swype.  Not swipe, or google keyboard or whatever.  Swype.  Listen carefully:

I went to best buy to upgrade my phone.  The phone I had previously had swype and I LOVED it.  I told them I would not get the droid razr M unless it had Swype.  They showed it to me.  SOLD!  I BOUGHT SWYPE!  Now it's an option for 4 bucks in the store?  Think about it.  That's like me buying a product because it has what I want, then "upgrading" my product and taking what I wanted away.  Is that even legal?  I doubt it!

7)  Wireless.  My router is two rooms away.  Always had full strength.  Now it's one or two dots on the bottom.  Not only that, but it says connection failed!!!!  Holy crap!  NEVER NEVER NEVER had that before.  Seriously. 

😎  I'm much more often connected to 3G now than 4G LTE.  Used to be the opposite.  When it tries to switch, I have no connectivity.  I have NEVER had no connectivity in the Tampa Bay Area before!

I loved my phone yesterday.  I bragged about it to everyone.  I hate my phone today.  I almost paid the fee to get out of my contract a few weeks ago but verizon worked with me to lower my price.  The lower price is nice.  But my sister pays LESS with AT&T and has zero of the problems I'm having now.  You know what?  I'm done.  I HATE the update.  If I can't get my phone reversed, then I'm done.  I know you don't care.  I'm one in a million.  That's fine.  I'm done.

Pissed off.

heid3865
Enthusiast - Level 1

My battery life is now horrible, dropping 30% in maybe two hours. I used to go all day on a charge, doesnt look like that is going to happen anymore.

I hate the LED lighting. The colors used to designate things (purple=yahoo, blue=a game i play, green=text, etc)

I am so angry about the swype, I refuse to pay for an app that reads what you type (for example credit card info). I shop on my phone, I did everything on it. Now it sits and I am looking for new options because I am not using it after having swype for years and being taken from me.

Verizon and your stupid update, I hope your happy we will be looking to switch our family of 4 (10+ year customers) elsewhere.

salrmars

Duplicate post - please see:

Re: My swype keyboard is missing after kitkat upgrade

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
BryanM

To ALL regarding the KitKat update and it causing the loss of SWYPE and the loss of a keyboard with the ability to type/SWYPE punctuation from main screen… I have a Motorola RAZR HD and the KitKat update did the same thing to my phone. I HATE the update. But I found a decent solution: I purchased the $3.99 SWYPE + Dragon app. That solves BOTH issues folks. Once you download the app, open it up, go into its Settings > Themes. In Themes change the keyboard theme to Classic. Doing that BROUGHT BACK MY PUNCTUATION on my main keyboard screen, THANK GOODNESS. Other themes might do same thing, not sure. Still searching for solution to all text messages being same white color, that is useless.

0 Likes