Where's the P on my DNA with Sense 5?
KilroyRock

So this sense 5 update... when in landscape mode there's no P or backspace, the right side of the keyboard is cut off..  also bluetooth is dropping out and it's getting stuck on a black/turned off screen and restarting.  before this update, it worked perfectly.

Has anyone heard anything about them sending out a fix for their update?  anyone contact HTC yet?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where's the P on my DNA with Sense 5?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@KilroyRock

Software updates are intended to provide a much better wireless device experience, not worse!  I would love to assist with resolving your device issues.

First, let's test the device while it's powered up in Safe Mode http://vz.to/JO62iO to ensure the device issues are not application related.  If the problems do not persist while the device is in safe mode, we can conclude that an application is causing the problem.  I would then uninstall the culprit application.

Otherwise, if the problems persists in safe mode, I highly recommend hard resetting http://vz.to/JyMlfu the device.  It is common that software updates of this size will cause these types of device symptoms.  I am confident this will resolve the device issues.  Keep me posted.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KilroyRock

Hi Anthony,

i was finally able to backup most everything, try the safe mode AND the hard reset.  Unfortunately none of these fixed the problems.  I truly think this has something to do with the system updates.  What are the options at this point? 

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying KilroyRock! Reviewing the software update, this doesn't appear to be one of the feature updates. To review all the details, please visit http://vz.to/JAHnyO . I would recommend contacting HTC directly at 866-449-8358.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KilroyRock

Ashley, while I know it's not an intentional new "feature", i'm pretty sure my phone had a full keyboard in landscape mode before the update.  I have attached a picture to further illustrate what is happening.  Since putting this out, i have spoke with ford for their bluetooth, and htc as well about their updates and they haven't been the greatest.  Fortunately, your chat people have, and they're sending me a new phone to hopefully fix this problem.  A lot has been said about phone carriers negatively, but I can honestly say you guys have really been extremely helpful over the years with issues from the phones.  so thank you for trying, hopefully a new phone will fix this, since reinstalling the update at this point isn't possible from my side of the world.    Should the new phone not fix this issue I will further update this ticket.

Thank you,

Rob

no p or backspace.png

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The menu button seems to be covering the keyboard. Does this occur in all the application that can use the keyboard?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes