Where is the SIM card port for the LG Optimus Zone 2?
tiza
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried opening the phone up and removing the battery, but I don't see a SIM card or SIM card port anywhere. Any help please?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where is the SIM card port for the LG Optimus Zone 2?
Snn5
Legend

True, this is not a 4G smartphone.  It does not use a SIM.

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

This phone does not have a sim slot

Snn5
Legend

True, this is not a 4G smartphone.  It does not use a SIM.

tiza
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the clarification!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how would I change my phone service (for example, from Verizon to AT & T) for this phone? What is the process? Does it need to be unlocked?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

3G phones must be unlocked.

Device Unlocking Policy | Verizon Wireless

tiza
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to this link, I am assuming that the LG Optimus Zone 2 is a "3G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phone," so I cannot switch to another carrier until 12 months after the purchase date, correct?

Thank you again for all the help!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That is correct.  This keeps folks from just buying a phone off the shelf and prevents a carrier from losing money in the long run. You can move a prepaid phone over to monthly agreement status after 6 months, but you cannot remove the phone from Verizon for 12 months.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tiza,

I'm sorry to hear you're considering moving to another carrier. We value your loyalty and want to make sure you don't go anywhere. What has you considering this? How can we turn things around and get you back to loving our service?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You mentioned switching carriers, a phone without a SIM card will not be able to be used on a GSM carrier, like ATT or T-Mobile, or outside the USA