When will the Xperia Z3v get the Android 5.0 (Lollipop) update.
Androidmego
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sony says the update is rolling out for the Xperia line of phones including the Z3v. But why does Verizon have a delay?
We’re bringing Android 5.0; Lollipop to the entire Xperia Z Series | Sony Smartphones

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When will the Xperia Z3v get the Android 5.0 (Lollipop) update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
randy1030, we always want you to be happy with your phone. Although we don't have a date on when Lollipop will be released. You can verify the latest Software here: http://vz.to/1BiGZYk . Is something wrong with your current phone? 
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Updates are exciting Androidmego. At this time we do not have any information regarding the software release for the Xperia Z3v. You may register for alerts on new products and services by clicking http://bit.ly/dDumph

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
d6j9s
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't expect it anytime soon. Verizon will have to go through and nueter the software and fill it with their locked down crappy apps before they release it. KitKat will likely be released before Verizon pushes lollipop out.

PirateAshes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went with the z3v because I wanted top of the line, I can't even get whats new and hip lol....Im going to sell my phone to someone and purchase an unlocked phone from Sony!

randy1030
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sony is soon to release Lollipop 5.1 and we here with Verizon still cant receive Lollipop 5.0

I got this phone because its one of the better phones in my opinion and just cuz its with Verizon we cant get the necessary software updates everyone else has already had for a while now.

Fredeblack1
Enthusiast - Level 1

sony sent me a nice letter saying that the update in general was started and they finished their portion of the support and handed it over to verizon...and suggested if I want further information to contact verizon directly... I tried...STILL WAITING for a reply...can you say Add Bloatware three times real fast?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
randy1030, we always want you to be happy with your phone. Although we don't have a date on when Lollipop will be released. You can verify the latest Software here: http://vz.to/1BiGZYk . Is something wrong with your current phone? 
JorgeO_VZW
0 Likes
michaelgaff24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yea you can't be on the phone and Web browser at the same time

randy1030
Enthusiast - Level 2

Besides it still running on KitKat 4.4..no theres no problem. The Z4 will probably be out before we can get the current version of Lollipop.  Going on info ive read about it it,itll be running Lollipop straight out of the box. If we cant get Lollipop before the Z4 is released that would be quite disappointing. If that turns out to be the case,i think Verizon should make it right and allow us to upgrade to the Z4. Wishful thinking? Perhaps.

Why a big deal over Lollipop? Its not so much that as it is more about the fact that we as Verizon customers are always last to get firmware updates. I enjoy my great talk and data coverage with Verizon,and the phones are premium. But why get a premium phone only to be months behind on firmware?

woolz
Enthusiast - Level 1

This phone hasn't had a software update since January. I think that is a little long without a software update considering the number of bugs that need to be fixed in this device. Also, as others have already stated, I do not understand what takes so long for Verizon to release their updates, especially when all other carriers have 5.0 available. Way to keep up with the competition, and thanks for the bloatware. If it wasn't for your exceptional coverage, I would be with another carrier.