When will the Xperia Z3V receive an update?
johnnycr12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon,

I am a new Verizon customer and I've been dissatisfied with the infrequency of updates for the Sony Xperia Z3V.  When I was with a competing carrier my phones received numerous updates.  In fact, I still have my previous phone which is now well over 2 years old and it has been running the current version of Android (lollipop) for months now.  I chose to switch to Verizon for the superior service, but I appear to have been mistaken.  While coverage and data speeds are important aspects of service, so is device support.  I'm disappointed that Verizon has fallen short in this respect. 

When can we expect the next firmware update for the Sony Xperia Z3V?  If Verizon has chosen to stop supporting a device that is less than one year old, what can we expect Verizon to do to better serve their customers with unsupported devices? 

Sincerely,

A baffled new customer

Labels (1)
Re: When will the Xperia Z3V receive an update?
Jason1332
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bravo  

Unfortunately our only hope is after the z4v is released...

0 Likes
sephiroth_4
Enthusiast - Level 3

bump

0 Likes
johnnycr12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm appalled that my Xperia Z3v has received only one firmware update in the year that I've owned it.  My 3 year old HTC One already has Lollipop and still receives firmware updates every couple of months.  I certainly won't be buying any more Sony products after this!  I spent a lot of money on what was supposed to be a flagship phone for Verizon.  I can't believe that Verizon and Sony would neglect a device like this. 

Severeclear88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got my Xperia Z3v back in March and at that time it was advertised on Verizon's website that it would be updated to Lollipop.  Now were into October and my Z3v is still at version 4.4.4 with no word of any updates coming.  Sony's website (support.sonymobile.com) posts that they have released the Lollipop update for the Z3v to the cell carriers months ago.  Verizon makes no mention of the update on their website.

What I am more concerned about are the security updates with this phone that being ignored by Verizon.  Lollipop addresses a lot of these vulnerabilities but the newly discovered Stagefright and Stagefright 2.0 are being addressed in later revisions of Lollipop.  So at this point we will need Lollipop 5.1.1

I am at the point where I will either never buy another subsidized Verizon phone or I will have to install a more secure custom ROM on my Z3v and have to void my warranty.  Way to go Verizon!  Security is too important these days especially if you use your phone to do online banking and deal with PII data.

Anyone looking to buy a new phone should seriously look at the Nexus line with the stock Android ROM that gets monthly security updates.