My dad just got the s5 and it has the kitkat so when do I get it for my Note 3

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When does the Galaxy Note 3 getting the 4.4 kitkat
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bigfun27,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am glad to see that you are excited for the new software release. We always want you to keep up with the latest and greatest options. At this time there is no info on an exact release date, but you can keep up with that and much more info here http://bit.ly/n5snpq.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kevinmegofast
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you are anyone finds an answer to that question please let me know!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bigfun27,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am glad to see that you are excited for the new software release. We always want you to keep up with the latest and greatest options. At this time there is no info on an exact release date, but you can keep up with that and much more info here http://bit.ly/n5snpq.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Brian300835
Enthusiast - Level 3

More canned replies. Wonder why VZW Customer Service sucks...look above!

Verizon is lollygagging their butts because they wanted all the glory for the S5 release.

Still I would not expect an update to Kit Kat within the next couple months. They want to get as many people on the S5 as possible.

phxkrausehouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called vzw yesterday and spoke with a supervisor (like that means anything) after speaking with tear 2 tech support (again like that means anything). And voiced my serious displeasure with the delay of android 4.4.2.

It was a long decent conversation, and I made sure before I got off the phone that my complaint had been escalated. I explained to her how bad it looks that vzw is again, conveniently waiting, until after the release of another flagship phone before it pushes another update to its customers.

I explained that my roommate, who has the exact same phone (note 3) on another carrier (Tmobile), has had 4.4.2 for well over a month now, and pays $83 a month total for his service. I pay between $180-$210 for mine. She then explained that last week she had another customer call in and complain, and that she took that customers call to Samsung.

She stated that a representative at Samsung was under the impression Verizon had received this update, but corrected his self and stated it was AT&T sorry. And that 4.4.2 would be released to Verizon within the next two weeks.

Now personally I think this is a bunch of stuff that comes out of the rear end of a bull. But. And here is the but. I stated to this "supervisor"  Verizon has two weeks to get that update to my phone. Or bye bye vzw. I am tired of paying the money I do. To wait 6 months past the initial release of a new software to finally maybe get it.  I strongly urge each and everyone of you to call vzw. And escalate your complaints to someone higher then the first two people you talk to.

If you want results. Speak with your money.

12 days VZW.. 12 days

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BrianLG_G2,

New software does make the device sweeter! We currently have no info on the release of KitKat for the GS3. You can keep checking the software page for GS3 for new releases http://vz.to/1elEgJy . Rest assured, Verizon Wireless and Samsung are working extremely hard to ensure that you have the best device experience.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ryanbg
Enthusiast - Level 2

It sure would be funny to make a big fuss out of this and tell everyone that Verizon is NOT updating the Note 3 to 4.4
People would freak out and start calling and complaining to Verizon. That would get something done.

0 Likes
micp1480
Enthusiast - Level 3

releases http://vz.to/1elEgJy  Ok, I went here and it has no details about the coming of kitkat 4.4. Again, Verizon with the smoke and mirrors.

0 Likes
micp1480
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think if we start listing how many of us are tired of waiting for this kitKat 4.4, when the competitors have already dispensed it to their customers, that we will leave if it's not out in 24 hours. I'll be the first to say I will be leaving after 10 years with Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to see you leave after all these years, micp1480. We take a bit more time with updates to do thorough testing with Samsung and other manufacturers before the updates are sent to our valued customers. Although I don't have a date when the next update will be heading to your Note 3, you can check http://bit.ly/yN1P80 for any support and news of updates. We're also here if you need assistance with the phone while you wait.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes