When will Verizon start Samsung Galaxy S5 pre-orders?
aspiller98
Contributor - Level 1

Hi, I am trying to figure out when Verizon will start pre-orders for the Samsung Galaxy S5.  I have noticed that AT&T, Sprint, US Cellular are now taking pre-orders, and starting 3/24/14 T-Mobile will begin taking pre-orders.  These pre-orders for these carriers will ship on April 8th and arrive on April 11th, which is the official release date of the Galaxy S5.  All of these major carriers have started pre-orders, where are you Verizon?  You're the nations most biggest and best carrier!  My iPhone 5 broke and I am able to upgrade right now.  I have been without a phone since 3/4/14 and I am in need of one bad.  So Verizon, when can I pre-order?  I really need the phone on April 11th because I need a phone ASAP.   If a rep needs to email me, here is my email: (removed)

Thanks, Austin

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 pre-order?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It hasn't been announced yet; the website says pre-orders will start "soon".  You can sign up for e-mail updates here:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/smartphone/samsung-galaxy-s5

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It hasn't been announced yet; the website says pre-orders will start "soon".  You can sign up for e-mail updates here:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/smartphone/samsung-galaxy-s5

0 Likes
OCMDGRL

Unfortunately, when I click on the link I get a message that says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". I've been trying for over a week, as this is the same link VZW sent to me. I guess we will just have to wait.

0 Likes
pahlerc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I just switched to Verizon from T-mobile. I am using an old friends phone (HTC Thunderbolt) until the S5 is available for pre-order. I have seen their website with a link regarding getting new and updates on the S5 via email, which I haven't received anything yet and all other major carriers in the US have started pre-orders. Does Verizon always have this problem when it comes to the newest releases of phones? I switched for better LTE coverage but am wondering if their LTE is that much better than AT&?! If not, I would definitely be considering trying AT&T since they have started pre-orders on this years hottest phone, outside of the i-phone 6. Verizon users, please inform me if this is a year in and year our problem with Verizon and new releases of phones.. It is frustrating that they haven't released a single piece of information regarding this phone. Also I heard they are releasing a special HTC One here soon, and that Verizon has teamed up with HTC .. if this is true I doubt we see the S5 at Verizon for a while.. hence they are just playing us to keep our business!

Not applicable

First clear your cache and cookies from your browser.

Then before you go back to click the link make sure the pop up blocker in the browser is set to off.

Try the link again. I believe it will work.

Good Luck

0 Likes
OCMDGRL

Thanks for the response, but it didn't work. Smiley Sad But, I guess from pahlerc1's post, it really doesn't matter, as they haven't shared anything about the release of the S5, even if you signed up to get updates. Have you rec'd any updates?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Years ago, I signed up for a new device the Razr. I never received anything until after the web site showed the device as available.

I just don't know what they do with the email addresses they get

http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/

Try the Link above.

Good Luck

0 Likes
dtronx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thinks it time to jump off Big Reds band wagon. Every other carrier is taking pro-orders for the Galaxy S5. What's up Verizon why can't you keep up with the other carriers?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Aspiller98,

New phones can be exciting! We do not have any info on a release date for the Galaxy S5. You can sign up for email updates http://vz.to/1fwYFoD they are a great way of keeping up with the latest information for this device.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
aspiller98
Contributor - Level 1
I have been without a phone for a good while.  If I can't get this GS5 by April 15th, I'm going to AT&T to get the phone.  Sorry, but I need a phone
0 Likes