When will VZW release the StageFright Fix for MotoX
Chama

Fix for most other devices have already been released.  When will we see on for MotoX??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will VZW release the StageFright Fix for MotoX
genuinehi

@chama VZW has just released the Android 5.1 update for Moto X. This update includes a fix for StageFright. After completing the update, I ran the StageFright Detector app and it reported that my phone was no longer vulnerable to StageFright.

I just did the update to Android 5.1 today...they might be gradually rolling it out to phones now. Try initiating the update by going to Settings > About Phone > Check for System Updates

When I did this today, it told me that updates were available. It did the update in two parts. It downloaded and installed the first part. When the phone rebooted, I repeated the steps above and it downloaded and installed the second part.

The updates take a good amount of time to install. Prior to doing the updates, I would recommend going through all your installed apps and uninstalling any that you don't need or use anymore. During the installation, it says it is "optimizing" each app and this can add time to the installation.

Overall it took me about an hour or so to download and install the two parts of the update.

0 Likes