Re: When or better yet, will I ever be getting the Kit Kat update for my Galaxy Note 3?
tdk1000

Clear the cache in storage and try again.

0 Likes
Re: When or better yet, will I ever be getting the Kit Kat update for my Galaxy Note 3?
Skyke101
Enthusiast - Level 3

I and everyone I work with that have the S$ that got the new Kit Kat update have all of a sudden really crappy reception, where we used to have perfecttly good recpetion. Verizon says to turn it off, pull out the SIM card, put it back in and turn it back on. It woreks long enoughy to send a text message or two, but then it goes back to not sending a text message at all... and forget about internet! This is only when we are at work, which is 40 miles west of Phoenix. The shitty thing is that we all had great reception before the Kit Kat update to our

0 Likes
Skyke101
Enthusiast - Level 3

The (removed) thing is that we all had great reception while at work before the Kit Kat update was sent to our phones. Verizon obviously did not completely test their version of Kit Kat before they dispatched it out to the S4 phones, Either that, or it is a scam to try and get everyone that has an S4 to go ahead and buy an S5, because two guys at work have the S5 with Kit Kat and their reception is fine, just like ours used to be before the update. They don't give you a choice about the update either, they force it on you, screw up your phone, and then try and say it's your fault cause you're not pulling out your SIM card and resetting it enough.

Edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Re: When or better yet, will I ever be getting the Kit Kat update for my Galaxy Note 3?
tazoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received the kit kat update for my verizon note 3 this morning. my phone did not notify me I checked for it under setting and it really not obvious at all that it updated everything looks pretty much the same except when you check for the software verson under about phone but it is here and verizon has released it. I

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out SKyke101. That would be very frustrating. Let's look into this signal issue. What zip code are you in? Does service improve outdoors? Are other non S4 devices also experiencing poor signal at work?

0 Likes
Kable717
Enthusiast - Level 3

See my post to Ann154.

0 Likes
Kable717
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I thought that might be the case as well, but the issue wound up being a problem with my phone.  After being accused by Verizon Customer Service of rooting my phone and having an unofficial firmware installed, Verizon was able to verify that was indeed not the case. Eventually Verizon support supplied me with an updated Version of their Software Update program and my phone is now running the NC4 Kit Kat update. So while I am grateful that Verizon was able to provide me with the update to my Note 3 finally, I am more than a little upset of being accused of something I did not do. Thankfully they were able to verify that I had not tampered with my phone, but maybe they should have done that first before fling accusations.

0 Likes
Kable717
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the nasty little message that I received when I tried to update my phone. Thankfully the updated version of Verizon's Software Update program fixed the problem.

Update Not Supported.jpg

0 Likes
subrolex
Enthusiast - Level 1

You won't like it when you get it.

0 Likes
tazoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

You should have it by now I would think. I've had it for about two weeks

fella

0 Likes