When or better yet, will I ever be getting the Kit Kat update for my Galaxy Note 3?
Kable717
Enthusiast - Level 3

As a customer I find it highly annoying that all the other carriers are already providing the Kit Kat update for their Galaxy Note 3 users and yet Verizon not only has yet to push the update out, but is still refusing to say when it will. Verizon has already provided the Kit Kat update for the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note 10 2014 Edition, but also the Galaxy S3 a phone which is already two generations behind. And yet, still no Kit Kat update for the Galaxy Note 3. What gives? Are you guys purposely alienating your customers who have purchased a Note 3?

Labels (1)
Re: When or better yet, will I ever be getting the Kit Kat update for my Galaxy Note 3?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know you're excited about the latest update Kable717! We announce releases via our news site. Sorry no date available yet. We appreciate your patience.

http://bit.ly/n5snpq

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: When or better yet, will I ever be getting the Kit Kat update for my Galaxy Note 3?
jeremyleesnow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah so they think we will buy a new phone to have the latest operating system... Every time you ask about it.. they say exactly the same thing.. word per word... tmobile will pay my etf fees... HELLO T MOBILE

0 Likes
ronschuck54
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for approx 10 yrs. 2 phones, cable,internet. I am disgusted with Verizon's customer care of keeping their phones up to date, and being the last to roll out updates on the phones they sell us. No kitkat, and what is worse, they give no hope of ever getting it on the Note 3. I pay full price for my phones to keep my grandfathered in unlimited plan. I am looking around to jump ship. Verizon has got too big for their pants, and their no longer care about their customer.. only the sales.

0 Likes
one-off-customer888
Enthusiast - Level 2

grandfathered unlimited? Dont you mean verizon screws us over to keep it? gets rid of my discount and tell me I can get it back if I switch to their "shard" plan

0 Likes
one-off-customer888
Enthusiast - Level 2

Duplicate post - please see:

Re: JUST what was the update i got if not new OS update????

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
bbdec1

Hopefully soon.  My wife got 4.4.2 today on her S4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

one-off-customer888, great things come to those that wait and scamming our customers is not how we do business. Stay tuned for more information regarding the next software update for your device here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kable717
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can not say how disappointed I am with Verizon customer service. Your news site still does not mention anything about the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Kit Kat update and yet every major cellular phone and Android site is currently running a story that Verizon pushed the update out on 5/11/2014 and yet today when I try to get the update via Verizon's Software Upgrade Utility or Samsung's Kies 3 or OTA I am told there is no update available. Also my local store and Verizon customer service continue to insist there is no update available as well. However two friends with Verizon Galaxy Note 3 got the update yesterday and my daughters friend got the update on her Galaxy S3 and yet still no update for my Note 3 or my daughters S4.just got the update this afternoon. This is not acceptable. If you are going to state your news site will post updates, then it should post updates, but don't give your customers a blanket statement and then don't follow through. Again completely unacceptable that my Note 3 that is less than two months old still I can not get an update that is now out for phones that have been out for almost two years!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The updates sent OTA go out in batches over several weeks. Some people can get it right away and others have to wait for it to push to the device.

Have you tried checking for the update manually? Sometimes the device will find it that way earlier then if you waited for it to push to you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes