Re: When is the Devour getting it's 2.1 update?
hellorockview
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Devour is a low-end Android phone. Unfortunately, it's not one of the biggest phones and probably isn't much of a concern to Motorola and Verizon. Sure, it might receive a 2.1 update. But I wouldn't expect that to happen any time soon. You said you want Flash. You need to have 2.2 in order to do that. So it really won't be happening any time soon.

The Nexus One is the only phone that has received a 2.2 update because it's Google's phone. The Motorola Droid is one of the next phones to receive the update. And I'm sure the HTC Incredible will be another phone that gets it relatively early once everything has been tested with the Sense UI and Verizon tests it.

There really isn't anything you can do except wait and see what happens. Or you can buy a high-end Android phone. Motorola and Verizon will most likely never tell you anything about if/when the update is coming. Unfortunately, most of the employees don't know the answer to this.

0 Likes
UGA1

From Verizon in response to our troubles with securing the Caland update:

07-20-2010 10:02 AM

Calgary is the version provided by Motorola, meaning it's an Android-based smartphone by Motorola. CALAND_X_01.15.08P is the latest software released for the Motorola Devour. To check for the software version on the device follow these steps:Applications > Settings > About phone.

HTH,

Morgan
Verizon Wireless
Area Operations

Can you tell me if this Caland version mentioned above is the 2.1 update? Just bought this phone in June and it currently indicates the Calgary version... not the Caland version and we cannot seem to get the caland version that is suppose to be available. When we check for update we are told "no update is available" and "your phone is up to date" even though per the verizon rep response above on 07-20-10 the Caland version is available. I have inquired about this several times and repeatedly get the same response from Verizon rep on how to go about checking for the update on the phone. This ain't working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i cannot get an answer that works!!! Any ideas....anyone?

0 Likes
wlrlbam

The Devour will not be upgraded. It will remain on Android 1.6 for the best combined hardware and software experience:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

0 Likes
wlrlbam

That rep obviously doesnt know whats goin on. anytime u want help with a motoblur phone go to motorolas support site first. none of the service providers seem to have tech support people that have messed with or even really know what motoblur is. u search motorolas site for "calgary" u get 7 results...search it for "caland" u get zero....doesnt exist. also always look at the version numbers not the names. calgary is 1.15.109 where as the supposed caland was 1.15.08. the newest version will always have the higher number

0 Likes