Re: When is Verizon going to offer a highend compact Android phone?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Good things do come in small packages and we do have smart phones that fit that need. If you are shopping for an android I would suggest the Galaxy S5 http://vz.to/1WTwmbH 

We also have the newest member of the smartphone family, the iPhone se: http://vz.to/1LVIics
NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

elise4

Thank you for your replies. I consider both the Galaxy S5 and the Nexus 5X too large (for me the Moto X was pushing it in size). The iPhone SE is looking like a good option even though I would really prefer to stay with an Android.

0 Likes

DigitalRules

Ouch, still over $500.00 for a Galaxy S5. . . . Should be cheaper than that now that the 7 series is out

I like Ann's suggestion of the Nexus 5X. Yes a bit larger than your Moto X but hard to beat for only $199.00. It's unlocked too, so you can switch carriers is if the need arises in the future.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Racer0018

I'm still hoping that they can work out a deal with sony to get a z5 or Sony's new model the x series. Sony's phones are amazing phones and they are always the best of hardware that you can get. I have the z3v and it is still one of the fastest phones on the market. If the sony phones would support Verizon's network I would have a new z5 phone. But they don't, so that's out of the question. Verizon was going to get the z4 but that deal didn't happen. I was hoping that they were working on getting the z5 on its place but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. But it would be great to get a z5 or the new one x series. Thanks all.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Until Sony decides to make a compatible phone, you will have to look elsewhere.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

CES1027

Thanks for the reply, but the Galaxy S5 does not record 4K video and that is an absolute requirement for me.  I just heard where Samsung is planning to release a Galaxy S7 Mini. I certainty hope Verizon carries it.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

I highly doubt a mini version of a phone is going have all the high end features like 4k video.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

CES1027

The rumors I have heard is the S7 Mini is supposed to have the same specs as the S7 except it is to have a 4.6" 1080 x 1920 screen. What I haven't been able to confirm is if it will be available for CDMA networks.  Apparently Apple has received over 3 million advanced orders, from China, on the new iPhone SE which has Samsung and other smartphone makers taking a second look at making an up to date phone with a smaller screen.

One can always dream can't they????

0 Likes

CES1027

Additional research seems to confirm a phone with similar specs and capabilities to the S7, however possibly just a 720 x 1280 screen. Samsung Galaxy S7 Mini On The Way With 4.6 Inch Screen To Rival Apple iPhone SE? : PERSONAL TECH : T...

Verizon, please make this phone available to your customers!!!!!

0 Likes

CES1027

I am still waiting to find a phone that fits my needs. There have been some positive rumors lately. The Galaxy S7 Mini may actually happen and I just read several articles about an HTC 10 Mini also in the works. From what I can tell both phones have the potential to finally have a smaller phone (4.6" - 4.7" screen), with relatively good specs.

The main issue will be whether either of these phones will be available for Verizon's network. I certainty hope so.

Verizon are you listening????

0 Likes