When do we expect to get firmware update? This Samsung S5 is full of bugs. Bluetooth does not sync, App not working properly I have to power down and power up to get App working, well same App works fine on other brand phones.
badsamsungs5
Enthusiast - Level 1

When do we expect to get firmware update?  This Samsung S5 is full of bugs. Bluetooth does not sync, App not working properly I have to power down and power up to get App working, well same App works fine on other brand phones.  My older 3G Samsung phone works a lot better than this 4G Galaxy S5.

I tried to contact VZW, their support has no clue how to address these problem, put my on hold for hours.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When do we expect to get firmware update? This Samsung S5 is full of bugs. Bluetooth does not sync, App not working properly I have to power down and power up to get App working, well same App works fine on other brand phones.
BusyBryan

I would love to know the answer to this too. I keep getting a pop up on my PC to upgrade the VZW Software Update Assistant, then when I go through the process, at completion it says "You device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware" - HUH? WTF does THAT mean? The firmware cannot be updated because it hasn't been updated? Is this BIZZARRO world? C'mon Verizon, I've been a loyal customer since leaving Cingular/AT&T a decade ago and constantly recommend the services, but this one is a vexing pain in the arse! Verizon Wireless Customer Support - we're waiting!

0 Likes
Re: When do we expect to get firmware update? This Samsung S5 is full of bugs. Bluetooth does not sync, App not working properly I have to power down and power up to get App working, well same App works fine on other brand phones.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BusyBryan,

Software updates should be simple! Sorry to hear that this is not occuring on your recent update attempt. Lets get this resolved. What is the current software version on the device?

Does the device typically perform updates over the air ot via the Samsung Software update assistant? Has there been any unauthorized software loaded to the device?

THanks,

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BusyBryan

I think it's J13.SAM.SMG.900V.1 is the configuration version. Hardware

version is G900V.5

The problem is the Samsung Software Update Client on my PC won't install

updates, and when I try to get the phone to update it says the firmware

version is insufficient to update the firmware! Any ideas? THANKS!!!

☆Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 5; that's why it might be a tad short!

On Jul 4, 2015 10:23 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BusyBryan,

Thanks for the details! Have you ever loaded an unapproved software verison to this device? Please uninstall the software upgrade assistant from the computer then reinstall the application. Once reinstalled attempt to update the device http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80201/.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes