When are we going to get all the features/widgets/settings that originally come with the Galaxy Note 2?
froman408
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's a shame that Verizon orders a stripped down version of the Note 2 from Samsung.  Yeah, that's right...they order it that way.  How pathetic is that!  Consumers are stuck waiting for an update from the only cell phone provider that takes months/years to update their devices.  Why not order the phone the way it comes originally, give your customers what they are paying for, and not have to worry about sending out an update to put back on what originally comes with the phone? 

The big question is ...and of course Verizon has no idea...when are we getting back the features the phone was originally designed to have? 

4.1.2 is supposed to fix this but ....geez ...by the time they push out an OTA...key lime pie will be out.  4.2.1 has been out for months...3 updates ahead of 4.1.1.  Why do we as consumers tolerate this bs?  When the latest and greatest updates come out ....we want them.  Why should I have to root my phone to get them?  Verizon...hello, updating software should be your top concern these days.  Consumer needs evolve and what you refuse to accept is the fact that consumers want their updates.  

Just a heads up Verizon.....YOU ARE WAY BEHIND ON UPDATES....AND YOU KNOW THIS...AND YOU STILL DO NOTHING TO RECTIFY THE SITUATION. 

I want to make this the longest discussion Verizon has ever seen.  Leaving the customer in the dark and never releasing updates in a timely manner will catch up with you Big Red.  Mark my word.  You will feel the repercussions when customers take their business else where. .  Help me out people ....tell big red what you think.  I want my 4.1.2 update and the rest of them....How about you?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When are we going to get all the features/widgets/settings that originally come with the Galaxy Note 2?
gadgetgeekfan77
Enthusiast - Level 1

<Post deleted for discussion of hacking of devices per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: When are we going to get all the features/widgets/settings that originally come with the Galaxy Note 2?
thunderdan602
Enthusiast - Level 2

4.1.2 got pushed out today for the Note 2 on Verizon.

0 Likes
jimINGR
Enthusiast - Level 3

4.1.2 was pushed to my G Note 2  on 5/10.   Since then, I have had nothing but problems.   Sitting at my office with WIFI  on, I get no inbound calls despite having 2 bars of signal (I just get notifications that I have a voicemail.)  I can also receive text messages but can only get messages out possibly 1 out of every 10 tries. Had tech on phone today for an hour.  They had me shut phone down, remove battery and SIM for 2 minutes.  Tech was making various unidentified changes on their end, then had me re-install and turn on phone.   Test call responded with 'Mobile Network Not Found' despite 2 to 4 bars of signal.  Tech asked if Mobile data was on and I said no.  Tech had me turn wifi off, and Mobile data on.  At that point I tried calling my phone and was able to get through.   Test call still failed.    Tech had me power phone down and back on after some additional unknown changes.   Test call to #832 worked so tech felt problem was now solved.   Unfortunately.....not really.   Some disturbing comments from the tech:    Backup Assistant will not function over WIFI, so you're forced to use valuable mobile data.   Verizon will not support any WIFI functionality, so if they can make something work with mobile data they feel they're covered.   This sets up a great scenario where they can interfere with WIFI at will and force you to using mobile data.