What the heck?
tlucero

I have had my Droid for awhile.  I absolutely love my Droid but ran into a problem.  I have saved and downloaded music.  I would like to use them as a ringtone or a notification sound which I was able to do up until a few days ago.  What went wrong and how do I fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What the heck?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

tlucero wrote:

I have had my Droid for awhile.  I absolutely love my Droid but ran into a problem.  I have saved and downloaded music.  I would like to use them as a ringtone or a notification sound which I was able to do up until a few days ago.  What went wrong and how do I fix it?

what happens when you try to apply the song as a ringtone? You may want to use RingDroid app in your situation.I think it might help.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

tlucero wrote:

i have yet to use ringdroid but there are websites out there that will allow you to convert your music to ringtones.  then you must save the file in a folder titled "ringtones".  if you dont then you might find that little snippit of music playing when you decide to listen to music.

you might want to google a general search like make free ringtones and then try the second entry.

0 Likes
tlucero

I do not want to make a ringtone.  I use to have an option in sound & display to either use the Droid sounds or my music.  I do not have that option anymore.  I have tried several applications to assist in fixing this problem with no success.  I want to be able to set my music as a ringtone or a notification.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

tlucero wrote:

I do not want to make a ringtone.  I use to have an option in sound & display to either use the Droid sounds or my music.  I do not have that option anymore.  I have tried several applications to assist in fixing this problem with no success.  I want to be able to set my music as a ringtone or a notification.

if you want the full song to be your ringtone then access your music files, through your music app.  choose a song and long press it.  a dialogue box will appear and one option is "Set as Ringtone" or something like that.

if you want to use it as a notification, you must create a "Notification" folder on your droid's sd card.  put the sound or song in that folder and then you will be able to set it as a notification ringtone by going to settins>sounds&display>notification ringtone

edit:  if you want to set a certain ringtone for a certain person, you have to create a folder "ringtones" on your sd card.  copy the song into that folder. then go to settings>sounds and display> phone ringtone.  scroll through the sounds and you will see your ringtone.

then go to your contacts, choose that persons phone number.  when the persons phone number is listed (you know, shows the phone icon and then a text message icon), select the menu button down below, select options>ringtone and then choose your ringtone for that contact only

0 Likes