What should I do if I accidentally mark an e-mail as spam?
Kierab

I got a message from a friend and I wanted to delete it but I accidentally hit report as spam. What will that do to the sender? Or does it have any effect at all?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I accidentally marked a message as spam instead of deleting it. What will that do to the message and the person who sent it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kierab,

We certainly do not want you missing any future messages from your friend. Marking an email spam may effect you receiving their messages in the future. You have options both on your phone as well as your pc for spam folders. When you log into your email account on either device you may pull up the spam folder, look for the email from your friend, and click on the option for "not spam".
ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I accidentally marked a message as spam instead of deleting it. What will that do to the message and the person who sent it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kierab,

We certainly do not want you missing any future messages from your friend. Marking an email spam may effect you receiving their messages in the future. You have options both on your phone as well as your pc for spam folders. When you log into your email account on either device you may pull up the spam folder, look for the email from your friend, and click on the option for "not spam".
ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sleepy3103
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can also add that email to trusted contacts with some emails or add it to your google contacts and you will make sure you get future emails from that sender.

0 Likes