What's wrong with my phone?
lmh16

I have one of the original Droid phones, bought it last December, and it recently stopped charging. Wouldn't fully charge & wouldn't hold a charge for more than an hour.

I went to the store and replaced the charger, didn't work.

I went to the store and replaced the battery, didn't work.

I went to the store and replaced the phone itself, was ok for few days, but now again, it doesn't work.

So now I have entirely different device/equipment, but I'm having the same problem.  I tried deleting all apps I downloaded suspecting one of them may be malicious, but it is still not working.

Could the software from the auto-update be too much for the hardware to handle? It also sometimes makes a strange noise when I unplug it. Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem? Any ideas??

Thanks...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What's wrong with my phone?
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

Do a factory reset on the device. Once you complete the factory reset. Slowly reinstall the applications back on the phone. Keep in mind verizon wireless does not support third party apps. Make sure you back up your contacts and remove your sd card before doing the reset. I have provided the steps to the factory reset below.

From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located on the bottom of the screen).
Touch Settings.
Touch Privacy.
Touch Factory data reset.
Touch Reset phone. 
Touch Erase Everything.

I have provided a link for additional information. Click here http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=26502. After a hard reset has been performed, initial setup may need to be performed. Click HERE for information on how to do the initial setup. 

0 Likes