What's the holdup with Lollipop on Sony Xperia z3v?
Veloquin
Enthusiast - Level 2

First off it was stated when I bought the phone that lollipop would be released for it in first quarter, it's now second, damn near third quarter.

Every single instance of z3s have had it released to them, on every carrier except Verizon, for that matter just about every other phone that it will be released to has it as well. What's the problem, the stock blah blah of the answers given to the same question doesn't answer the question, it just punts it to another webpage that also doesn't answer the question just blows it off as if saying we don't care about you only that you continue to pay us.

ITs very frustrating, having no answer, doesn't look at all good for what a lot of the times is poor customer service. ( I say this from the experience of getting three different answers to the same exact question, not this one, and all were dead wrong)

Sony has even stated that they have given the updathe to Verizon long ago, so what's the holdup. Sure you could say it is the wait on the 5.02 update Sony is releasing in July, at your current molasses rate that would mean it was September or October when we as your customers would get it, a full 6 months after everyone else.

This is truly sad. Not to mention the fact that I highly doubt this post will get a real answer

Message was edited by: Q S spelling and grammatical

Labels (1)
Re: What's the holdup with Lollipop on Sony Xperia z3v?
israelm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon: Would you like to upgrade your phone sir?

Me: sure, can I get the Sony Z3v

Verizon: no problem

Me: Awesome, looks like an amazing phone along with great service.

Verizon: We are the leading Network provider throughout the country

Me: So, why haven't you released the update for lollipop?

Verizon: .................

Me: Number 1 leading network, prices, poor customer service, always behind on updates so you can load up your crappy apps that no one uses.

Verizon, can't you at least keep your customers informed on updates on why you haven't released the update. Its been months since Sony released the update for lollipop. No wonder people hack their phones to get the latest update. Shame on you Verizon.

Belzer521
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon has been ridiculous with all updates and their responses in these forums is insulting. They need to start at least providing time frames of when the man masses can expect to get the lollipop update!

Veloquin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here it is mid September and still not a simple, well anything at all. Heck the Zv4 never even materialized like they advertised on site on in press releases. Apparently there is just no words out of the companies mouth other than bill due that ring true.

Think its time to take my business somewhere its appreciated as after many years its obvious that this company only cares about the bottom line. PAY US.

whotakesallmynames

It's possible that yall may not want to take the Lollipop upgrade when it becomes available for your device. If you google and read about it, a lot of people are having a lot of new phone problems after they upgrade to Lollipop, and when they try to downgrade back to Kitkat, they find that they are unable to. I spent the past few days reading forums on the internet about this exact issue on my Galaxy S5 (I bought it used off Amazon), and how to downgrade from Lollipop 5.0 back to Kitkat 4.4. Unfortunately, the Lollipop firmware update that Verizon pushed out for many devices this summer locks some devices in such a way that it is (currently) impossible to downgrade to a previous version. Many people took the update and now are stuck with bad software and no remedy.

I was able to swap my S5 for a different used S5 (again from Amazon) that had 5.0 but had not received the firmware update in question.The day I got it I booted up the phone and downgraded to Kitkat 4.4 right away, before the update had a chance to prompt me to install it. (The entire process to do this is a little complicated.)

It was a bit of a hassle to go through all of this, but well worth it considering how many people are having issues with Lollipop 5.0 and desperately wishing they could downgrade back to Kitkat. I recommend doing some homework online prior to accepting any new software update.

0 Likes
Veloquin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Though I appreciate your post ( and I do)

You are missing the point that I am trying to make.  I don't see Lollipop upgrade as a magic pill that will fix things or make it a flawless shiny toy. That point is a situation for a whole different ball of wax.

I have installed lollipop on numerous other devices, I know the issues it can have, how to alleviate or bypass them as necessary for security and stability. That being stated, read what I wrote.

I am complaining because of the lack of communication in any way shape or form.  I can google and search the internet as well, I am fully aware of the inherent issues in the new upgrade.  I am frustrated and upset that Verizon treats its customers like bad relationships, yet still expect my money on time every month.  I don't appreciate being treated like a bad date and never talked to again, unless its for the bill. That is where my frustration lies, in being lied to, led on, and it plain being 8 DANG MONTHS since this phone has has even a simple update.

The simple fact that we have to wait so long for even simple "Hey sorry about the wait, but we are still working on it." Instead of just simply ignoring it, as if we the people who keep the lights on at their company don't matter at all.

Is at best ludicrous and speaks volumes for what the ideal of a service industry has become.

whotakesallmynames

I understood your OP and your primary complaint clearly my brother, I don't need to read it again, you write very well. Probably like you, I'm used to cell phone users not knowing much about their devices, so forgive my assumption there. Perhaps my advice may be helpful to others who aren't as good with their devices and the software they run as you and I are. Best of luck to you!

0 Likes
jr1961
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sony has told me that they no longer offer any kind of software support for Verizon Customers. Verizon says we need to contact Sony. Other Z3 phones are getting the updates, but not Verizon customers (yet).

The biggest issue is the overheating of the Z3v.Sony (in my opinion)  has washed its hands of this issue. It gets so hot when taking pictures and video, it can almost burn you. Thank goodness the phone application shuts the camera off, but that is one of the reasons I bought the phone. I wanted this phone to take pictures and video of my child playing field hockey. Sony and Verizon blame each other. No fix in sight. Verizon just keeps shipping phones to me when I call about the issue. (I am on phone #3 for the same reason). I pay all this money to Verizon and expect a product to work, but it barely does. Hopefully IF we ever get Lollipop, It may help.

Veloquin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually Sony never really offered any support for software,  as Verizon controls the software. They send the update to vzw and they tweak and bloat it out. (why the Sony companion software never did and never will work, as the software isn't sony's.) which btw unrelated but more to my original point Vzw has had since August 31St at a minimum.

None the less, chances are that the newer operating system isn't going to do much or change much in the way of overheating. I know there are parts of os that interact with the overheating, but if I remember correctly other Sony phones have had the issue as well. Don't use the camera much but have had the same warning, which I attributed to the otterbox case. Which has caused that issue on numerous other phones.

A few Ideas to try would be maybe give a different camera app a try, like Google camera, or something of that nature. Chances are it won't make any difference, but it could help. It sounds like that it's something very important to you.  Or maybe close every other running app to keep heat levels down.  I am sure there are other apps designed to help this particular issue as Sony is hardly the only phone that overheats. As I have not used any, there are none that I could recommend, but if you find any that work please let us know.  As now I am curious and would like to know.

Veloquin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Over a year for a update, non Lollipop withstanding is sad, not really just sad, bordering on criminal.  Somehow I doubt that either Sony or Verizon would take any resposibility if any one with this phone were to suffer a stagefright issue, and would like with cases of rape blame the victim.  Verizon you should be ashamed of yourself, because you have shown that not only don't give you give a rats arse about your customers but you will flaunt it as a badge of honor.

You don't really deserve any of our business as you are incapable of even providing things at a reasonable time frame.  You can blame Sony all you want but I know you have had the build from them for well over 6 months now, so whats your excuse now besides you are only working on the other crappy phones you try and pass off as a the important ones?

You disgust me