What phone to purchase and HTC One
Rickm406

I have 2 questions. My wife is due for an upgrade and has been shopping phones. What is your suggested phone to purchase? Also, when will the HTC One be available through Verizon, has anyone heard? Thanks for your assistance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
What phone to purchase and HTC One
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

There is no official release date for the One on Verizon, though the rumor is some time in August. 

0 Likes
Re: What phone to purchase and HTC One
Not applicable

It is possible that on the July 23, 2013 event mentioned below that Verizon may make an announcement on the HTC One. Who knows? I did not reply to the original poster because I wanted to tell you I like that Monkey Avitar your using.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57594047-94/verizon-teases-event-for-july-23-new-droids-to-be-unvei...

0 Likes
krubby
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rick,

I don't have any idea about the HTC One, but I wanted to maybe chat about your second question in regards to which phone for your wife.

I assume since you are posting in  the Android section and also asking about the HTC One, you are leaning towards a droid versus apple product for your wife as well.  But if not, then obviosly the first question for her is would she want a droid phone or an iPhone 4, 4s or 5...

Assuming droid, then IMO the next question is does she want one of the larger screen phones (Samsung Galaxy s3 or s4, or Moto Droid Raxr hd for example) or would prefer a smaller device.

If she wants a slightly smaller device, I personally HIGHLY recommend the Droid Razr M.  Got this very phone for my wife about a month ago and she loves it.  Basically the same phone as the larger droid Razr HD and HD Maxx, with the notable exceptions being it has 8GB memory vs 16gb (HD) or 32 (HD Maxx) and it does has a slightly smaller battery than hd (and dramatically smaller than hd maxx, but so does every phone ha ha).  As a side note, you can add a cheap micro sd card to all 3 razr's so somewhat makes the phone storage a lesser issue

Beyond that it is a great phone.  small, light weight BUT 4.3 inch beautiful screen.  She loves it.  It is not a super small phone, just a smaller phone (if that makes sense).  it is also free with 2 yr agreement

If she is interested in one of the others listed above, really there are (IMO) at this time 4 to think about:

Droid Razr HD ($50 at verizon now)

Droid Razr HD Maxx ($149 at verizon, same phone as above except hugh battery life, 32 gb vs 16gb)

Samsung Galaxy sIII ($99 at verizon I think, amazon has it for $25)

Samsung Galaxy s4 (4199 at verizon)

I personally looked and looked and looked at the 4 phones above.  like a lot.  as in my wife was ready to strangle me.  And I settled on the Droid razr HD.  I did not need the longer battery life of the Maxx and a $15 micro sd card bumped my storage up 16 gb, more than I will ever need most likely.  I liked the interface of the samsumg more, and it did more 'cool tricks', but the motorola's I read have great reception and I honestly liked the feel of the phone more.  A bit more metal, solid feel to it vs the pastic feel of the samsung.  I did read a lot of places the camera on the samsung sIII is slightly better than droids (honestly the razr HD camera is 'ok' but nothing to go crazy over) and the s4 camera is great.  but it is $150-$175 more than the alternatives.

Hope this all helped.

If

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I'm pretty sure that is going to be the announcement for the new line of Motorolas coming out, but you never know.

Thanks about the avatar, it's actually a wallpaper that I found on the Zedge app.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you are leaning towards the RAZR phones mentioned above, you may want to wait a little bit because, as I mentioned above, the newer versions may be announced next week and, depending on your preference, you can get the newer ones, or the older for a lower price than they are at now.

0 Likes