What network will give me the best performance?
R_S_D_
Enthusiast - Level 2

What mobile network provides the best service?

The Verizon rep says I should use LTE /GSM /UMTS.  The phone wants to default to Global.

Half the time my phone says I don't have any mobile service no matter what I choose as the preferred network mode. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cell Signal
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've a;sways used the LTE/CDMA as the preferred network.  Other settings do not seem to be as stable, IMO.  But use the setting that gives you the best performance.

Just FYI - after some system updates, I've noticed my phone drops calls, sound is inconsistent, other issues... and when I check it is set to GLOBAL mode, and when I turn it back to LTE/CDMA, things get better.  YMMV

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just leave the phone set to Global mode. This picks the best network, whether it be Verizon or a roaming partner based upon the signal availble.

LTE / GSM / UMTS would not work with Verizon all too well as this disables all CDMA support. It would work fine if you had a T-Mobile or AT&T SIM installed to your phone, though 🙂

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've a;sways used the LTE/CDMA as the preferred network.  Other settings do not seem to be as stable, IMO.  But use the setting that gives you the best performance.

Just FYI - after some system updates, I've noticed my phone drops calls, sound is inconsistent, other issues... and when I check it is set to GLOBAL mode, and when I turn it back to LTE/CDMA, things get better.  YMMV

0 Likes
R_S_D_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I've found LTE/CDMA to give the most consistent performance. With

any other settings I actually get "no service available" messages.

Thanks for all the advice!

rsd