What is the Best Android Smartphone? (All Opinions Welcome)
jweems3

Alright, I have my upgrade available right now, and I can get any phone I want. I don't want an iPhone because i find it hard to type on, and various other reasons. I have mainly been looking at the Razr, and the Rezound. The only thing I don't like about Droid is that they come out with a new phone every week! I feel like I will never have the most up to date item available... oh well. 

SO WHAT DO YOU THINKG??? BEST ANDROID PHONE AND WHY. GO

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What is the Best Android Smartphone? (All Opinions Welcome)
strike01

Gotta be honest, moto in my opinion has the best phones and they didn't hold back on the RAZR. It is their best phone, I have had Samsung htc and moto, the RAZR is in my opinion the best one out there even when the nexus comes out!!

0 Likes
SteelerFan
Contributor - Level 2

I have to say it is the Razr too. I have had mine for a week and this phone is awesome.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
i've had my dx since last december, been flawless on all updates & no other issues & nothing verizon's got on the market now looks interesting.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'm going with the rezound. i prefer the HTC Sense UI to Motoblur (motorola's UI). It's got Beats By Dre is your a msuic lover (amazing quality and earbuds included with the device). and finally, the razor has an entirely enclosed casing. if your battery goes bad, you're taking a trip to verizon (and no option for an extended battery if you ever want one). i've had the htc incredible and the htc thunderbolt and loved them both. if i had an upgrade, it would be the rezound.....hands down.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

i'm going with the rezound. i prefer the HTC Sense UI to Motoblur (motorola's UI). It's got Beats By Dre is your a msuic lover (amazing quality and earbuds included with the device). and finally, the razor has an entirely enclosed casing. if your battery goes bad, you're taking a trip to verizon (and no option for an extended battery if you ever want one). i've had the htc incredible and the htc thunderbolt and loved them both. if i had an upgrade, it would be the rezound.....hands down.

+1 on all accounts, not to mention the 720p screen.  Of course, the Rezound IS about twice as thick as the RAZR, so if that matters to you, it's something to certainly take into consideration.  

0 Likes
RVnut
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not know which is BEST!  However, after reading multiple forums since Razr and Rezound came out, I am going with the Rezound.  Far too many recurring problems with Rzar (which started as my Fav), ie, signal drops, rebooting, speaker rattle, other issues.

0 Likes
stonent
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just wish Verizon picks up a Galaxy S-II device.

They need a high-end Samsung device to compete with the Bionic, RAZR, and Rezound.

I picked up a used Fascinate and love it. But the Charge isn't earth-shatteringly better spec-wise.

And honestly the Galaxy Nexus doesn't really excite me. Still using a 5MP camera, no MicroSD slot...

ICS will be out for other devices so it won't be the exclusive for long.

When the Nexus S came out, within a few days someone already ported Gingerbread to the Droid Eris (my previous phone)

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

stonent wrote:

I just wish Verizon picks up a Galaxy S-II device.

They need a high-end Samsung device to compete with the Bionic, RAZR, and Rezound.

That they do, but Samsungs track record isn't the best.

I picked up a used Fascinate and love it. But the Charge isn't earth-shatteringly better spec-wise.

People would say differently about the Fascinate.

And honestly the Galaxy Nexus doesn't really excite me. Still using a 5MP camera, no MicroSD slot...

You going to print out 8x10s? If you are not then the MP doesn't matter for squat.  It's all about the lenses.  I can show you a 5MP camera that'll blow socks off a 12MP camera.  MP is all about marketing to get you to think "bigger is always better"

As for the MicroSD slot.  There's a reasoning behind it, and Apple actually nailed it, and eventuall Google and partners will have to follow.  I could write an essay about it here(I believe Google developers blogged about it and tried to make it as easy to understand why the move), but it wouldn't matter with all the technical jargon going around. 

ICS will be out for other devices so it won't be the exclusive for long.

When the Nexus S came out, within a few days someone already ported Gingerbread to the Droid Eris (my previous phone)

Anyway back to the topic on hand...  The best Android smartphone will be 1 month from now, 2 months from now, 3 months from now.

The will always be something better around the corner.  If you need a phone now get a phone now.  Don't bother looking ahead if you can't wait.  As long as the phone is working for you then don't bother looking ahead until you need to.  Saves a whole lot of time and money.

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

If you are looking for a solid 3g device go with the droid x

as far as 4g..toss a dart at the dart board i dont think there is a clear front runner

0 Likes