What is a widget?
olvictor411582__

What is a widget and why do I want them?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is a widget?
Snn5
Legend

What is a widget?  In Android, the word widget is a generic term for a bit of self-contained code that displays a program, or a piece of a program, that is also (usually) a shortcut to a larger application.

What is a widget? [Android A to Z] | Android Central

Usually, an icon on your homescreen that links to an app as a shortcut.  Some widgets can be animated.  Think about the weather app.  It has a widget.  That widget can animate the sun on a clear day and maybe moon phases at night.  If you use the My Verizon App, it has a widget that shows data use.  Why use one?  Quick information.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

What is a widget?  In Android, the word widget is a generic term for a bit of self-contained code that displays a program, or a piece of a program, that is also (usually) a shortcut to a larger application.

What is a widget? [Android A to Z] | Android Central

Usually, an icon on your homescreen that links to an app as a shortcut.  Some widgets can be animated.  Think about the weather app.  It has a widget.  That widget can animate the sun on a clear day and maybe moon phases at night.  If you use the My Verizon App, it has a widget that shows data use.  Why use one?  Quick information.

B33
Legend

Character Yup.. some move some change in Size if you so choose and you can find them with just about any App I Like the one's that Zedge provides Weather widgets are Nice and the Flip Clock Widgets add Coolness to any Screen.. they even Widgets that Looks like Rolex, and other High end Watches..

0 Likes