Re: What is VZWAVSSERVICE?
worldtraveler58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told that this is a no-whining zone.

Duster14
Enthusiast - Level 3

You know what, since you are taking so long in replying.. I am going to Facebook right now and repost my reply! Let's see if you fix the problem then!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Duster14
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cute WorldTraveler, got a good laugh off your reply, but its still at our expense and Verizon is laughing all the way to the bank.

0 Likes
Duster14
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found this on another site..

VZWAVSSERVICE is the Verizon Address Verification System Service. Banks use the AVS Service to verify your address when you make a purchase with your credit or debit card. An AVS authentication failure can result in a credit card sale being denied, and the sale and associated funds put on hold until the bank is able to verify that the person attempting to make the purchase is in fact the card holder (by matching the address entered to the billing address the bank has on file)..

0 Likes
worldtraveler58
Enthusiast - Level 2

That sounds like part of the ISIS Mobile Wallet that VZW is promoting to counter Google Wallet.  It's certainly not needed for most credit card transactions made the usual way.

0 Likes
Duster14
Enthusiast - Level 3

You know what, sounds like you might just be on to something there WT58. Two software apps competing for the same thing and one over ruling the other or forcing a shutdown on the other app. No telling what script or code they wrote into their prospective software apps.

0 Likes
wjd224
Enthusiast - Level 2

What verizon's support techs are suggesting that we do to remedy the problem is completely unacceptable. You can do all the finger pointing that you want and blame the problem on Google, but I can tell you that there sure as hell is no chance that Google is going to release a new update because the previous one interfered with one of Verizon's services. It would be ridiculous to even expect them to! THIS IS A VERIZON PROBLEM. Don't tell us to roll back our Google plus update to solve the problem, you need to figure out how we can solve the problem with this VERIZON SERVICE without having to sacrifice keeping up-to-date with our other application. AGAIN, YOUR background service is causing the problem. Google plus is not the source of the problem. You need to update the service so that it stops interfering with other application updates or you need to get rid of it. EITHER WAY, lets not be coy here, we know that this is a VERIZON PROBLEM. ANYONE who is reading this, don't roll back your Google plus updates or disable google updates. It is ridiculous for Verizon to request that you do so. REMEMBER: YOU ARE PAYING VERIZON FOR A SERVICE, and, in turn, they are expected to hold up their end and perform that service properly. This malfunctioning background service is something that Verizon is forcing you to have on your phone and they are prioritizing it over your other applications when in fact it is the source of your problems. Verizon won't tell us what the service is so it must not be that important. What I would do is just go ahead and force stop and turn off the VZWAVSServices in your application manager.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Duster all you have to do is click on Facebook link on this thread located on to right and you can Automatically post it on Facebook.. it's as good as Done

0 Likes
Jparks0063

This also has an effect on email since the update I have not been able to sync to either of my email addresses. You would think that these things would go through a QA process to make sure no errors such as this happen. My smart phone just got dumb.

0 Likes
bktdd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't had any issues with email. Only the Antivirus program no longer

scanning downloaded files. Verizon did have to replace my phone because 4G

quit working but it is fine with new one after update. Just that annoying

error message.

0 Likes