What is VZWAVSSERVICE?
Farmetb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everytime I reboot my phone (Galaxy S5) it says VZWAVSSERVICE has closed.

What is this service and is it needed?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is VZWAVSSERVICE?
worldtraveler58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Strange that Verizon Wireless Support doesn't know about it,  it's all over the Internet.  Just go to the application manager, find Google+, then clear the data and the cache.   Also, find VZwavsservIce and disable it.  These worked for me, with no bad side effects.  I've no idea what vzwavsservice does.

View solution in original post

odizzle
Enthusiast - Level 1

It started happening on my S5 when I updated Google+. I had to uninstall its updates (since I couldn't uninstall it completely)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Farmetb Understanding how your phone functions is crucial. We need more information as Android devices have several Verizon programs that arenecessary for your phone to work properly. There are also many preinstalled apps and services on Android devices. When do you see this message appear on your screen? Please share more details.

SheritaH_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sherita,

The error appears after installing the latest Google + update.  Tested by uninstalling the update - rebooting the phone, the error is gone.  As soon as the G+ update installs, the error pops up, (no reboot - it just appears as soon as the update installs).  And it reappears each time the phone is restarted.

It doesn't appear to be device specific; it is happening on the LG G3, The S5, the S4, and possibly others,, but these models I know of, at least.

worldtraveler58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Strange that Verizon Wireless Support doesn't know about it,  it's all over the Internet.  Just go to the application manager, find Google+, then clear the data and the cache.   Also, find VZwavsservIce and disable it.  These worked for me, with no bad side effects.  I've no idea what vzwavsservice does.

TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

@SheritaH_vzw: It is equally important the VZW reps that respond in these forums understand the purpose of the apps and services that Verizon adds to its Android phones.

VZW recently pushed an Android 4.4.2 update to the Samsung Galaxy S5, and Google released an update to Google+ on 12 August.  Ever since the Google+ update, VZWAVSService crashes shortly after the phone reboots.  The scenario is easily replicated.

1. What is the intended function/purpose of VZWAVSService?
  2. When is VZW going to address this (with Google if necessary) in order to resolve the issue?
BluDenim
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with my S5. Thank you for clarifying it for customer service.

zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

I too am having the same problem on my Samsung GS3 every time I reboot my phone I get the message "vzwavsservice has stopped." But it is not linked to my G+ app that I've noticed. Just on boot up when I power on my phone after dead battery, turning it off, or battery pull. Researching now to what app does, came here first under a google search, will continue search to make sure it is safe to force stop and turn off.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

iif you break the name down, it would seem to be verizon wireless anti virus software (or possibly scan) service.

ive googled and come up short.

is it possible it is connected to the verizon protection application? I have that disabled on my LG G2 and have never seen this.

hope you find the basis for the message and the app/process/service purpose.

0 Likes
murrill4

I feel this needs to be addresses ASAP.   My S5 started doing this after the last update pushed out by Verizon.

0 Likes