What happened to managing internal storage???
JohnPullam1993

Anyone know how to move pics from internal storage to Sd card? Use to be able to manage internal storage but since last system update, the only option is to erase internal storage. Don't have a computer either so it has to be done on phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What happened to managing internal storage???
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Which phone do you have?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to the tag they added it seems to be a DROID 4.

To the OP, have you considered one of the many file explorer applications available from the Play Store? I personally use the ES (Estrongs) File Explorer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Thank you Ann, I missed the tag on there.

You can use one of the file managers as Ann stated or plug in using the USB Cord and move from the internal storage to the sd card. You will also need to change the camera settings to store on the SD card.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there JohnPullam1993,

Moving pictures to your SD card is always great.  It ensures that the pictures are saved and if you ever need to activate a new device the pictures are easily transferable.

My question is, what type of pictures are you trying to transfer?

With a Motorola device, any picture that you take should automatically save to the SD card so you wouldn't have to transfer it over.

Please provide additional details so I can continue to assist.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Sorry, By default the Motorola DEvice will store pictures on the Internal storage of the phone. It is set up this way because th ephone does NOT come with an SD card and it NOT required to have an SD Card installed to work (the older Motorola phones defaulted to the SD Card as they came with the phone).

To change the storage location from the internal storage to the SD Card open the camera, open the settings (the gear in the toolbar) go to storage and tap on it. A box will open or expand (depending on the phone) and give you the option to store the pictures on the Internal Storage or SD Card. Select SD Card and close.

If you have a bunch of pictures it is easiest to use a computer to move the pics, but it can be done through the phone itself.

go to the App Drawer, select Files. Select Internal Storage. Go to the folder where the pictures are located (Either DCIM or Pictures or My_Pix or all). Open the folder and select the Menu button. From the menu Button select the Move Folder option (If you want to move the entire folder) and then select where you want to put it by using the back arrow button to end up selecting the SD Card from the Files menu. Then tap the move menu and it will move over.

You can also tap select items and then move only the pics you want to move over in the same manner as above.

0 Likes