Re: What good is insurance if it doesn't replace your phone in a timely manner?
kathyzac
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the first phone I've gotten insurance on in a long time, so, yes you're right. I don't know why I did it. I guess because the plans changed and you no longer get the discount with a two year coverage you either buy out right or pay per month. soooo..... I did and I regret it.

I also have no home phone and no regular cable. Just Hulu, neflix..... yes, I've been trimming for a long time.

I've fixed my car before by going online and checking it out. I know Verizon doesn't do their own insurance. I just so miss customer service.

0 Likes
kathyzac
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay let's go back to the car analogy. Yes, I would replace my windshield. Just like I replaced the SIM tray. If the replacement of the windshield was complicated since I had already paid my monthly insurance premium, my car would stay covered. I expect my phone to stay covered when I've already paid for the coverage (which it did stay covered after all) and having a phone not operating for four days and getting a replacement is not changing my plan.

Let's all go back to my original post. I was told "the earliest" I would get a phone by Tuesday and was also told that claims sometimes take up to 180 days. Right there WAS/IS the problem. I can't know when I'm going to get a replacement phone? I can't know if the phone is going to be covered for sure? "The earliest" I could get it is Tuesday.... doesn't mean I could get it Tuesday!

@Pherson didn't call me a liar? "And you never ordered a phone on a Sunday and gotten it Monday. That never happens and never will." No, the word liar didn't get used, but , I don't know how you can claim that was NOT the intent.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

WE can continue to beat a dead horse, and it still won't do any good. 

Asurion has a monopoly, I don't know if it's legal, but it is a rip off to me.  The best thing to do is spread the word about it.  Unless a person is a klutz or loses phones, it's a poor option.

Carriers collect premiums on behalf of Asurion.  I don't see Asurion refunding the payments you made.

Your instinct to do something different was correct, but insurance isn't it.

IN general, I buy phones I can afford at full cost, no insurance, and keep a spare, just in case.  Just like buying a 2 year old car, you get a deep discount .  Sony phones are another story.  They hold their value better than iPhone.

AS for Verizon service... On more than one occasion, Verizon service offered to sell me a replacement phone battery or other assessory, that I then purchased online for a fraction of the cost.  

I Don't go to the carrier anymore.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kathyzac, we are saddened to hear of your recent phone troubles. You certainly took the bull by the horns in ordering and replacing those pieces on your own and I am glad that did the trick for you. As to the insurance, it is always good to have in case you need it however, like auto insurance does come with a deductible. Typically, as soon as Asurion has received all paperwork from you, they will expedite the shipping overnight. As Federal Express does not pick up on Sunday's this would mean that the package would go out Monday and be delivered Tuesday. While I am glad to hear that you did not need to go that route in this case, this is the process you would expect going forward.

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes