What IP Ranges does Verizon 4g LTE service use?
rode
Enthusiast - Level 1

When trying to access internal network servers for home or office, I usually like to create ACL's to only allow certain network access to certain devices. I have been looking for a general rule of Verizon IP Addresses that may be used for the 4g LTE service. In the PNW, if that matters. I can add them one by one, but that won't mitigate the current risk.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm assuming there will be several /24's or maybe a /16?

Thanks for the help and input offered.

Labels (1)
Re: What IP Ranges does Verizon 4g LTE service use?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You can see the phones IP address in the about section of the settings under phone identity (my G3 has it under network).  You may have to toggle the WiFi to get it to show.  My wife's phone shows a 100.99.xx.xx and my phone shows 100.100.xx.xx.  I also checked my work phone (Verizon iPhone 5c) but it doesn't show it.

B33
Legend

Great Info

0 Likes
Not applicable

Mine starts with 100.75. that just the IPv4 address there is an IPv6 address below that.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had to toggle off the wifi to see the 4G IP - which is 100.68.xxx.xxx - looks like the 100.xx.xx.xx is the common factor - all of our second group is different - 68, 75, 99, 100 - interesting.  I have no acess to other phones ATM, and now I'm curious!

0 Likes
rode
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for all the replies.

I have found the info under About => Status. It's showing a private address however. I have heard Verizon is using private addresses for the devices them selves, in a way to better "protect" (also read, limit!!) what a user has access to.

When I look at a website such as http://www.whatismyip.com however, It shows my real world IP as a 70.x.y.z address. I know when I look at my firewall, this is the address I am attempting to get into my networks from.

It would be interesting for those of you who are seeing the 100.xxx.xxx.xxx address to go to http://www.whatismyip.com and see what your real world address shows as.

Again.. I am specifically looking for the range(s) of subnet (and preferably super-nets) that 4G LTE service uses. Aside from that, I'm looking at using a VPN to get into my network, though it's not as easy of a solution as ACL's would be for my case.

Thanks again!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

WhatismyIP.com gives me the IPv6 number that is below the 100.68.xx.xx on my phone. Settings > About Phone > Status > IP address.  I see both the IPv4 and the IPv6.  It starts with 2600:1010: ...

0 Likes
Not applicable

My IPv6 starts out 2600:100b:

By the way when I use the speedtest.net app I get an external IP that starts out 70.215. and an internal IP that is 100.75

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

whatismyip.com shows as 70.197.xxx.xxx.  Interestingly enough, when I first navigated to the page it showed something different due to the fact that I had compression turned on through Chrome and the phone itself shows 100.69.xxx.xxx

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I'll have to check mine see what shows up,  the last time ran a speed test through 4G it was around 10  to 14 mbps Download when I kicked Wi-Fi this using Cox comm. it kind of jumped to 85mbps Download my Toshiba can hit speeds up around 124mbps that's using Cox's Premium plan..

0 Likes